Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - SKY subscription

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Just got my subscription for Sky Sports package with HD reduced from £55 to £32 a month with just a phone call asking if there were any deals available (as a loyal customer of 8 years)

Might be worth a go if anyone else out there is paying top whack.

That is all.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Just got my subscription for Sky Sports package with HD reduced from £55 to £32 a month with just a phone call asking if there were any deals available (as a loyal customer of 8 years)

Might be worth a go if anyone else out there is paying top whack.

That is all.

I just called them and spoke to a "Foreign Lady" spent 20mins getting nowhere, sais ive had sky for 20years upgraded loads of times now have HD, she said i can only save by downgrading BITCH :-(

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
These deals have been around for a while. I'm currently on 25% off for the year, and I can't quit within that year. The only better deal around at the time (which wasn't offered to me) was 50% off for 6 months, allowing you to try and get a new deal after 6 months.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just called them and spoke to a "Foreign Lady" spent 20mins getting nowhere, sais ive had sky for 20years upgraded loads of times now have HD, she said i can only save by downgrading BITCH :-(
Easy, just call again. These are my tips:

Phone and ask for the cancellation department.
Do not threaten to cancel, but enquire about how much notice you'd need to give to cancel
They will inevitably ask why you're thinking of cancelling, and you can be polite and say you've been happy with the service, but you just can't afford it at the moment
If they talk to you about reducing your programs just say that's not suitable, you'll need to shop around
Hopefully you'll be offered 25% off (you'll need to decide there and then, you can't call back for it)
If you're not offered the deal, just try something similar a day later after enquiring about Virgin etc - you'll get a deal at some point

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
phone back and say you wanna leave.
I don't like to ever quite get to that point (same with mobile deals) because if they say ok, you're stuck. Better to ask about how much notice you need to give to cancel, as the threat is there but it's easy to temporarily back out while you check out other deals etc, should they call your bluff.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you cancel Sky its a 31 day notice period , so if they call your bluff all you need to do is ring back a week later saying you've changed your mind.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
If you get through to an indian speaking person they cant do anything about reducing your payments.
Speak to the cancellation dept

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From a landline try this number , 0800 0466434 and select the option for cancellations. This call is free from a landline and routes through as the same 087X Sky number.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
From a landline try this number , 0800 0466434 and select the option for cancellations. This call is free from a landline and routes through as the same 087X Sky number.

Just called them and spoke to a lovely Scottish Girl, ive not got a 50% reduction my bill is now down to £45 WHOOPI
Many thanks seagullsovergrimsby and all the other posts on here :)

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Just called them and spoke to a lovely Scottish Girl, ive NOW got a 50% reduction my bill is now down to £45 WHOOPI
Many thanks seagullsovergrimsby and all the other posts on here :)

albionant

Aug 29, 2007
Good tip - Just got mine reduced from £39.75 to £19.88 What he said was quite intresting that being as youve asked, I can give you the offer ie he's not allowed to promote the 50% off, but as i'deasked for it then .......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here