Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Russell Bishop could be free next month

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
According to one of the papers yesterday, this fiend is up for parole next month, having served 14 years for sexually assulting and attempting to murder a seven year old girl.

Imagine being that girl, knowing he's free to walk the streets again, and possibly come back to Brighton if he wants. Doesn't seem like much of a "life sentence" for him.

Without even mentioning the Wild Park murders (because, of course, he was officially Not Guilty of them, as we all know....)

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
Your wasting your time with this thread Edna, most of this lot were not even born then.!!

I was born and I remember it well. Aren't the government meant to be passing a law that allows you to be re-tried for the same offence, should new compelling evidence come to light? Should this sniveling wretch ever be released, I'd like to think that the terms of his licience state he cannot enter Brighton and Hove.

I remember his name became a term of abuse when we were at school. People were often referred to as being a 'Russell' if they did something even vaguely pervy.

Bit of a sicko, who got too cocky having allegedly got away with the parks murders. I'm sure he'll receive a warm welcome wherever he resides.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1986?? 1990?? God I feel old.

Ok chaps, for "Bishop, Russell", see "Huntley, Ian".

Put nicely, he's not the sort of guy you want moving in next door.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The sick thing was in this case, Russell Bishop was a campaigner with various other people from the mouslecoombe area.

He was also interviewed by the local rag critisising the local constabulary for not catching the culprit. Much in the same way as a certain other man was interviewed on tv in soham a few years back.:nono: :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Do you think he will get parole?

I wouldn't have thought he would want to return to the Brighton area as there are people with long memories.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Yorkie said:
Do you think he will get parole?

I wouldn't have thought he would want to return to the Brighton area as there are people with long memories.

It will depend on if the parole board think he is still a menace to society or not. If you saw the programme on CH 4 about lifers, there is one chap who is doing life and has been up before the parole board a number of times but has been rejected as they think there is a high probability that he will reoffend. If there is a high likelihood he will reoffend, in the parole boards view, then he will not be released.

Yorkie I think you underestimate these people. They think they have done nothing wrong, it is society that is wrong not them, is the view they take, therefore returning to where they were before presents them no problems.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Argus claims he is keen to return to the local area IF he makes parole.

As Marvin says, the problem with people like him is that in their own twisted minds they have done nothing wrong. And if you've been in prison for years, you tend to want to return to something familar, so i can believe he might think he's able to quietly slip back into Brighton.

I'm sure the people of Moulescoomb would be highly interested if he did.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
He will not be welcome back in the local area he is scum!! plus he is stupid if people find out where he lives his life will be at risk.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Although I did not live here at the time I do remember what went on. How on earth could he even think he would be welcome back to the area where he once lived. I just hope he will not pass the parole board. Life should mean life.:angry:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
No doubt he has been a model prisoner and will have been awarded remission for good behaviour. I do remember the case and it is unlikely that the Parole Board will release him unless they can be reasonably sure he will not re-offend. They sometimes get it wrong though, and I suppose there is every likelihood he may return to his own area.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Spicy said:
No doubt he has been a model prisoner and will have been awarded remission for good behaviour. I do remember the case and it is unlikely that the Parole Board will release him unless they can be reasonably sure he will not re-offend. They sometimes get it wrong though, and I suppose there is every likelihood he may return to his own area.

Life prisoners do not get remission, life does mean life, but does not mean you will spend all your life behind bars.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I remember Wild Park well as it was just before we up'ed sticks and moved to Scotland, think I was about 13 at the time, but we had relatives who lived (still do) opposite Wild Park.

My uncle who lives in Mcoomb told me just before Christmas that pub talk was saying that Russell Bishop WAS going to be released and that he was planning on a return home.

This is one VERY dangerous individual, who would be extremely silly to return to Brighton, from what I hear his family had to move away after a long campaign of intimidation ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It seems impossible that so much time has passed since he was put away.

I had the "pleasure" of living near where he did at the time and the period between the Wild Park case and his re-offending was particularly grim. He seemed to think he was untouchable, and the involvement in the campaigning to get the Wild Park case re-opened was sickening to say the least.

I very much hope that he is not released, or that he is politely told to steer well clear of this part of the country. I do not believe that he will not re-offend, and with a daughter of 8, I would not be impressed to know he was about again.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
i shudder to think

what people would do if he was stupid enough to come
back here... word would soon get out where he lived,
and i see the same scenario as a recent case featured on the news, of a northern town murder, where 'no one' saw anything.....

i remember the original case of the girls being nurdered,
and that man getting off on some technicality...

urprised he lasted so long in prison, i understand even
inside, they have some 'principles'...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have a feeling someone did try and get at him in prison once. How unfortunate...

It would be nice to think that if the law was changed and they could provide the necessary evidence to prove his guilt, he could be prosecuted for the Wild Park murders again.

As it stands at the moment, he could quite legally stand in the middle of Churchill Square wearing a sandwich board saying "I admit it, I killed the two girls in Wild Park" and the law wouldn't be able to touch him.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
They are trying too get him again on the wild park murders as they have evidence and they want too use dna, i know you can't be tried for tyhe same crime once you have been found not guilty but with dna they can now say re-trial as this was not avalible when this scum bag was tried before. i remember this as i was working in lewes road at the time brings back nasty memories

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Found out tonight from a girl I know that he has just moved in right near to one of her friends, near the Grenadier in Hangleton - lovely, more so I would imagine if you've got kids and live around there. :censored:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ineteresting thing came out of his suing the Police for wrongful arrest afetr the "Babes in the Woods" murders.

As I recall, he was all set up to mouth off and then was advised that as this was a case against the police, they could ask him questions back that they could not have asked in the original trial.

Interestingly he dropped the case straight after that.

If it was me, he would not get out.

I did have some knowledge of this as a person I worked with was his was a family friend of the Bishop's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here