O/T : Prince Philip taken to hospital

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The Duke of Edinburgh has been taken to hospital as a "precautionary measure", Buckingham Palace has said.

Prince Philip, who is 91 years old, was admitted to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary while staying at Balmoral with the Queen, a palace spokeswoman said.

Further details about his condition have not been given.

It comes two months after he was taken to hospital with a bladder infection shortly before the Diamond Jubilee concert on 4 June.

The Duke was last seen at public engagements in Cowes earlier this week.

He is now being cared for in an NHS hospital, but he will also have been seen by his own private doctor.

Prince Philip also spent four days in hospital over Christmas, following an operation to clear a blocked heart artery.

In March, Prince Harry said the operation - which was successful - had given his grandfather a "new spurt of life".

BBC News - Prince Philip taken to hospital

Oh dear hope all is ok, been a rough year for him

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
But I think the Queen's, Charles', William's non appearance at the closing ceremony was significant.

I reckon he is edging towards the end, poor old fella.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Conspiracy theories are saying this happened during the Olympics, hence lack of attendance of the Queen, Charles or Wills at closing ceremony.:eek:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
But I think the Queen's, Charles', William's non appearance at the closing ceremony was significant.

I reckon he is edging towards the end, poor old fella.

The Queen was never supposed to be at the Closing Ceremony there was no role for her unlike the Opening Ceremony. I think he is struggling at the moment but nothing to do with the Olympics.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Of course it was not his double that would just be silly. It was him having traveled back in time (following the take over of the Illuminati) to fool people. I would have thought that was obvious.

Silly me. It's always so easy to overlook the most obvious solution.

Good old Occam... he knew his stuff.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Silly me. It's always so easy to overlook the most obvious solution.

Good old Occam... he knew his stuff.

No problem it natural to overlook the obvious. That is why so many people cannot see what is going on around them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Let's just hope it isn't one of those life-saving doctors with, err, 'slitty eyes' or dark skin. He seems uncomfortable with it...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well there are plenty of pictures of him on the Isle Of Wight on Monday and he is in hospital today so they need to figure that one out

Bah, 1st rule of conspiracy theories, don't let inconvenient FACTS get in the way of a good theory.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will we get a day off work for the funeral ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports