Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Outlook problem-please help

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
The folder list suggests that there are 14 unread emails in the Inbox but the Inbox is empty. However it also says that there is a filter applied. Is this what's causing the problem? If so, how can I take the filter off? It's someone else's machine and the Help files aren't loaded. Grrrrrr!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've had this for ages with it saying that there is always one more new emails than there actually is. The techies don't seem to know why. Tossers.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
to remove a filter in outlook in the view menu point to current view, customize current view and then click filter - in the bottom right hand corner click clear all... :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
From the help file:

Show or hide items or files with a filter
Click the folder you want to apply a filter to.

On the View menu, point to Current View, and then click Customize Current View.

Click Filter.

Select the filter options you want.
For Help on an option, click the question mark , and then click the option.

To filter using additional criteria such as a category or importance level, click the More Choices tab, and then select the options you want.

To filter using additional or custom fields, click the Advanced tab, and then select the options you want.
How?

Notes

If you select more than one option, only the items that meet all of the criteria appear. However, if you use the same field to set multiple criteria, items that meet one criterion within that field are found.

If files are not showing in the Filter dialog box, the Integrated File Management component probably wasn't loaded during Outlook Setup. For information about how to load components, click .

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Remove a filter
On the View menu, point to Current View, and then click Customize Current View.

Click Filter.

In the lower-right corner, click Clear All.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
Thanks tedebear-you're a genius and that's a drink I owe you. Stick it on the slate and I'll settle my account on 29th November.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here