Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Orgreave.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This was far from a bit of football trouble on your average Saturday afternoon, or as you put it, a "cracking good tear up." Far from it. This was an orchestrated and highly planned political operation by the state, which was at that time, vulnerable to defeat to the Miners. 95 miners were charged, some with riot, which carried very heavy sentences. Not one of those trumped up charges held up under cross examination in court. And as I’ve already said, we know those ordinary police on duty that day, no doubt a frightening experience, were told what to write up in their reports by their senior officers. In other words, they were not allowed to put down what they saw, they had to lie. Those lies, finally coming to light, 30 years later, think about that - 30 years, are most likely only the beginning of the true story of what happened, why it happened and who pulled the strings behind the operation. I’d bet that it went all the way to the very highest offices of Government. No, this is a terrible decision by Amber Rudd. We should and have a right to know what really happened.

You, I and everyone else know what happened. That is my point. Nothing now can change that, the world and the police have moved on.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
This happened decades ago. Unlike Hillsborough no one was killed. Public enquiries cost an enormous amount of money and in this case would be a complete waste of time and money. There are far far better things to spend taxpayers' money on.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shouldn't we apologise for slavery? What about Drakes piracy too? These Inquiries first please.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
A very pompous, arrogant post, and not the first time from you. Had you read said poster's responses, you might have seen that he is not above suggesting that folk have no idea what they are talking about, eloquently put, of course.
Well seeing as everything you post isn't just pompous and arrogant but also wrong, I'm going to take this as a compliment and go swiftly back to the bar.

Regards and good evening,

LL

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This happened decades ago. Unlike Hillsborough no one was killed. Public enquiries cost an enormous amount of money and in this case would be a complete waste of time and money. There are far far better things to spend taxpayers' money on.
What, like HS2 or a nuclear power station that's never going to work? Drop in the ocean really to prove (or disprove) the level of corruption involved in this. #pompous

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Well seeing as everything you post isn't just pompous and arrogant but also wrong, I'm going to take this as a compliment and go swiftly back to the bar.

Regards and good evening,

LL

Judging by the immaturity of this, I would question whether you are in fact old enough to drink.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here