Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Nicola Thorp

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't really get her problem!
She signed a dress code agreement upon getting the job. Prob just signed it without reading it properly and now playing the hard done by employee?

Haven't PWC come out and said they don't have this rule, and it's the supplying subcontractor for the front of house positions, which does..?

She was temping. Wearing heels all day make your feet ache, and shortens calf muscles. Podiatrists say they are bad for you, medically.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Whilst I agree wearing heels as uniform is ridiculous, it does infuriate me at time the difference in what men and women wear for 'smart' clothing. Women do get away with pretty much wearing anything, whereas men the only real option is a suit.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What about a french maids outfit? What's it got to do with her job?
The company i work for has a handbook that specifically prohibits a female employee wearing "ballet pumps or shoes without heels". Otherwise a woman looks like she's wearing her slippers to work. Most firms that have a dress code wouldn't tolerate men wearing slippers at work so why should they tolerate women doing the same? You no doubt prefer your women to look like this going by the sort of bloke you seem to be

tumblr_ndpet99xRw1r7pphso4_500.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Whilst I agree wearing heels as uniform is ridiculous, it does infuriate me at time the difference in what men and women wear for 'smart' clothing. Women do get away with pretty much wearing anything, whereas men the only real option is a suit.

I go to work in jeans, brogues and a shirt - no need for a suit in enlightened modern companies. It's about time ties were actually banned.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The company i work for has a handbook that specifically prohibits a female employee wearing "ballet pumps or shoes without heels". Otherwise a woman looks like she's wearing her slippers to work. Most firms that have a dress code wouldn't tolerate men wearing slippers at work so why should they tolerate women doing the same? You no doubt prefer your women to look like this going by the sort of bloke you seem to be

View attachment 74634

I'm the type of bloke who is happy for women to look like they want to look like, rather than forced to wear stuff to please male desires. One day we'll all be feminists. One day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't have time for sexism in the work plaice

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A bit disappointed we weren't presented with heels on/pumps on pictures so we could assess this properly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She was temping. Wearing h-eels all day make your feet ache, and shortens calf mussels . Podiatrists say they are bad for you, medically.

That's better

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think she's fin-ished at PWC

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hope she gets rein-skate-d

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
She was temping. Wearing heels all day make your feet ache, and shortens calf muscles. Podiatrists say they are bad for you, medically.

So!!!!...whether is was for the temp agency or PWC she still signed an agreement over clothing, which has conveniently been left out of some of the reports, another case of somebody thinking they can just decide they don't want to do something they have agreed to do on the grounds of claiming its some sort of 'ism' and therefore can just do what they want!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here