Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Man and a van

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Afternoon all

Does anyone know of a reliable man and a van I could hire at very short notice?
Basically I need someone with a Luton / Transit to help move a sofa about 1 mile - tonight if possible. The people I've tried have either given up / not got the right size van / want £35 for 1/2 hours work.
Any help / advice appreciated!
Thankyou
:thumbsup:

Afternoon all

Does anyone know of a reliable man and a van I could hire at very short notice?
Basically I need someone with a Luton / Transit to help move a sofa about 1 mile - tonight if possible. The people I've tried have either given up / not got the right size van / want £35 for 1/2 hours work.
Any help / advice appreciated!
Thankyou
:thumbsup:

TO be fair, £35 for 1/2 hour work, the use of the van, travel to and from point of work, fuel/wear and tear on said van, all at short notice, seems an absolute bargain!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
TO be fair, £35 for 1/2 hour work, the use of the van, travel to and from point of work, fuel/wear and tear on said van, all at short notice, seems an absolute bargain!
Bargain - Really? For 30 mins work? I wouldn't mind £70 an hour, that's for sure! :)

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Yes, what I was thinking also. Lucky to find somebody who charges by the half hour too. Good luck if the OP thinks he can find cheaper.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Bargain - Really? For 30 mins work? I wouldn't mind £70 an hour, that's for sure! :)

When I moved house a couple of years ago the going rate was about £35 an hour, but with minimum of an hour. If you think about it, you're gonna use at least a fiver's worth of petrol.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Would it really be worth someones while for any less ? How much are you looking to pay ? Not sure I'd bother driving to someones house, humping a sofa into the back of the van, driving it to wherever, presumably taking you home and then copping off if all you were stumping up is twenty squid.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Good news. i've found a sucker...I mean, man to help. £20 all in providing I help do the donkey work. Fine with me :thumbsup:
Cheers all

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Call Alan from New Leaf Removals - 07879 846256. Been using him for years and he's a lovely bloke - £20 per hour. He's helping me move house next week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Next stop Ditchling Beacon...

car_sofa.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here