Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t lcd tv's hd ready

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
i am thinking of purchasing an lcd tv hd ready. anyone got one yet? any recommendations? any good deals out there? have searched kelkoo, pricerunner etc etc..... mind boggling......
your input greatfully appreciated.

oh and thanks in advance :wave:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
hampden park said:
i am thinking of purchasing an lcd tv hd ready. anyone got one yet? any recommendations? any good deals out there? have searched kelkoo, pricerunner etc etc..... mind boggling......
your input greatfully appreciated.

oh and thanks in advance :wave:

Cant recommend one but what I can say is dont buy from Curry's. I had my Sky+ installed not long ago, and as an ex sky installer myself struck up a technical conversation about HD with the engineer. He said that there was a load of problems with HD box installations at the moment as Curry's are selling HD TV's that arent actually HD compatable.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I bought a Philips HDTV 26" Widescreen Flat LCD TV 26PF4310 Fully HD READY about a month ago.. love it.

£540 online at Dixons.. has since risen to nearer £600

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Jam The Man said:
I bought a Philips HDTV 26" Widescreen Flat LCD TV 26PF4310 Fully HD READY about a month ago.. love it.

£540 online at Dixons.. has since risen to nearer £600

thanks jam the man. i was thinking of the 32". i did have a look at the philips one. my missus wants one that fits perfectly onto the stand (i.e. no overhang) i liked the lg 32" but it had the speakers on the side which made it too wide for the stand we wanted. there is a new lg 32" with the speakers on the bottom, my missus says it looks too much like a tft computer monitor :rolleyes: . gave up after a few hours of currys, comet, scottish power, surfing the net etc.....
telewest are currently transmitting hd format pictures in my area (brum) and i am desperate to get it ready for the world cup.
heh ho

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
hampden park said:
thanks jam the man. i was thinking of the 32". i did have a look at the philips one. my missus wants one that fits perfectly onto the stand (i.e. no overhang) i liked the lg 32" but it had the speakers on the side which made it too wide for the stand we wanted. there is a new lg 32" with the speakers on the bottom, my missus says it looks too much like a tft computer monitor :rolleyes: . gave up after a few hours of currys, comet, scottish power, surfing the net etc.....
telewest are currently transmitting hd format pictures in my area (brum) and i am desperate to get it ready for the world cup.
heh ho

Probably best to dump the missus imo.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
my MIL has a samsung one which is nice 32 inch lcd she got it for about £700 on the internet will find out which website it was.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I bought one of the Dell 32 inch flat screens that someone on here gave a heads up onin December. Only paid £385.

Though they sold out in days I'm afraid.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
We've got a great Sony Bravia thing that is far too big, we have the new Sky HD box and I can't tell a damn difference between what we had before and what this all singing all dancing TV is supposed to do. All I know is that is does 6.2megapixels.

Waste of money really, it's too big and I could have spent the money on new carpets or something.

I want to go back to what we had before but the husband thinks the World Cup will look so much better on this TV than it could ever have dreamt of looking on our other TV.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Starry said:
We've got a great Sony Bravia thing that is far too big, we have the new Sky HD box and I can't tell a damn difference between what we had

Serious question: have you watched any hi-def broadcasts yet?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Wozza said:
Serious question: have you watched any hi-def broadcasts yet?

i saw some in the shops whilst i was looking for tv. looked briliant :wave:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
hampden park said:
i saw some in the shops whilst i was looking for tv. looked briliant :wave:

I'm asking Starry.

She's dismissing hi-def, but given that there have been few HD broadcasts on Sky to date and that she can't tell the difference...

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Wozza said:
I'm asking Starry.

She's dismissing hi-def, but given that there have been few HD broadcasts on Sky to date and that she can't tell the difference...

:down: i'll speak when i'm spoken to :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here