Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T iriver mp3 player question

Worthing Keith

Jul 9, 2003
Having sent three emails to iriver support which has got me nowhere, I turn to NSC.......

I purchased my first mp3 player (iriver T10) for my daughter recently. I've followed all the steps as instructed in the accompanying booklet but, despite being able to rip CDs and then transfer them, I'm unable to download any tracks from NapsterToGo or the iriver software. Each track has a key logo and WMA written next to it which I assume is to do with copyright etc., but which shouldn't be an issue as I'm a Napster subscriber.

Please excuse my ignorance but as a forty something getting involved with mp3 players and such like for the first time, I am a little lost.

Many thanks in advance.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Don't think iRivers do DRM'ed Windows Media, but you could go on to their website and get the latest firmware to make sure.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
chuck it away and buy an IPOD

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
MYOB said:
Don't think iRivers do DRM'ed Windows Media, but you could go on to their website and get the latest firmware to make sure.

You "don't think"?!?

Come on, you're always telling people to buy iRiver, not iPod - sort it out!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
IPODs are rubbish

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It may just be that the device doesn't want to play WMA files. In which case just download mp3's instead and see if that works

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Forget iPods, iRivers and iAnythingElse, and get yourself a Creative.

:thumbsup:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Alex Frutos said:
Forget iPods, iRivers and iAnythingElse, and get yourself a Creative.

Really I can download youTube videos to my iPod can yo do that my friend ???

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
REDLAND said:
Really I can download youTube videos to my iPod can yo do that my friend ???

No, but on the plus side, I don't have to fart around with iTunes, or deal with Apple Customer Services.

:)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Alex Frutos said:
No, but on the plus side, I don't have to fart around with iTunes, or deal with Apple Customer Services.

:)

I've had 2 iPods over the past 2 or 3 years and never had to deal with Apple Customer Services. Why would I?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bozza said:
I've had 2 iPods over the past 2 or 3 years and never had to deal with Apple Customer Services. Why would I?

Well, after my own bad experiences with an iPod a few years ago, and also the fact that I have semi-regular contact with them through my job and am exposed to some stunning ineptitude in the course of that, I prefer to stay well away, but to each his own.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My sons bought me an MP3 for my birthday and I asked my grandsons to set it up. The eldest is 14 he did it and I signed up to Limewire for a one off payment of $18.99 and can download as much as I want and my creative software allows me to downloand DRM protected material.

What a joy for an 'old boy' to join the 21st century.

Am listening to Pomp and Circumstance March No 4 as I type.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
MYOB said:
You know that paying for limewire doesn't stop the downloads being totally illegal, right?

That is not what they say on their site. They say that for a one off fee you may have unlimited downloads. If what you say is correct ,a nd I am not doubting you, why do they have 2 forms of joining an ordinary and a pro that you pay for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here