Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/t IPAD2 help needed fron you Apple people PLEASE

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just got one, the Wifi only version. Some Apps such as betfair require location services to be on. I have it all set up with Wifi and location services on but it still says cannot determine location. I have done a network reset and a hard reset as suggested on Apple forum but still no joy. NSC is always the hub of all knowledge so can anyone assist PLEASE

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just got one, the Wifi only version. Some Apps such as betfair require location services to be on. I have it all set up with Wifi and location services on but it still says cannot determine location. I have done a network reset and a hard reset as suggested on Apple forum but still no joy. NSC is always the hub of all knowledge so can anyone assist PLEASE

I have just dowloaded the Betfair App as a test on my Ipad 2, with location services turned off and it seems to work ok. Not sure why you are having trouble with yours. Does 'maps' work ok?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't see why it shouldn't work. WiFi versions of iPads do not have a GPS chip in them but location can, and is, accurately determined by other means.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh, when you say you have location services turned on - have you also turned it on for the specific App, i.e.

1. Turn Location Services on.
2. Then, turn it on for the apps, such as Betfair in your example, listed below the master switch.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
For some reason the betfair app says it needs to determine my location so it can verify I am in a country that is allowed to gamble. I have turned on location services and also in the app. No maps not working either. Driving me potty is this.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Give Apple a call. Assuming you bought new or that it's still in warranty.

United Kingdom Technical Support: (44) 0844 209 0611
Note: £0.05p per minute when dialed from a landline within the UK. Call charges may vary when calling from a mobile phone.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Ps. Try closing the app completely (double press the home button, hold down the app when it appears at the bottom so all apps shake, then press the red button to close it. Probably worth closing all multi-tasking apps while you're at it), and then turn the iPad completely off and then on again. As well as this, try what bozza suggests... There may be a setting in the apps own settings for location services, ensure this is enabled.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The iPad 2 is apparently going down £100 in price in about 3/4 weeks

It won't go don't that much. The iPhone 4 dropped to £429 from £499 when the 4S came out, so the drop will more likely be around £50 for a basic iPad2 model.

Apple don't tend to devalue previous products too much just because a new one is out.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
It won't go don't that much. The iPhone 4 dropped to £429 from £499 when the 4S came out, so the drop will more likely be around £50 for a basic iPad2 model.

Apple don't tend to devalue previous products too much just because a new one is out.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Amazon's Kindle fire is likely to be released here next month, and Apple may go for aggressive pricing on the Ipad 2. They are awash with cash reserves so may just test the water!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I wouldn't be so sure.

Amazon's Kindle fire is likely to be released here next month, and Apple may go for aggressive pricing on the Ipad 2. They are awash with cash reserves so may just test the water!

Won't happen. They still sell original wifi iPad 1's on the refurb store for £320. It will be a reasonable reduction, but expect a current £399 iPad 2 to be something like £339.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Won't happen. They still sell original wifi iPad 1's on the refurb store for £320. It will be a reasonable reduction, but expect a current £399 iPad 2 to be something like £339.

Ooooo, £10 out with my estimate, 16GB iPAD2 now £329 following release of new iPad3.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here