O/T Freeview + Boxes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hi NSC. Hoping you guys can help me out here. I'm looking for a standard freeview + box for xmas - around £50 - £80 (just a cheapy and not the HD one). Anyone got any suggestions pls?

Thanks

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone?!

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Humax is the king of freeview recorders. This one is in your budget, but £90 will get you a 320GB model. I have bought several times from Humax Direct Grade A units without issue.

Humax PVR9150T-G Freeview twin tuner 160GB PVR (Grade A) - HUMAX UK Direct Sales Website

Thanks mate - really helpful. What does grade A mean tho?
thanks

Edit -- Just seen what they are. 1 yr warrenty makes this attractive - thanks for your help all. I assume these are normally about £50 odd more too..?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ASDA have an all signing and dancing Freeview + twin tuning recordable box for £90.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My current Freeview+ box freezes all the time and constantly has to be unplugged and plugged back in to get it working again and is driving me mad.

What did anybody get?

My Freeview box finally went bang and blew the whole circuit. And it was never any good (Proline).

To tide me over before I get a new flat screen TV (24" to match the size) what cheap Freeview box is recommended? And where do I get them from? Currys and Maplins short-listed as none of the shops in Shoreham sell them. Tried today. I thought it would be be just like buying a lightbulb, but no ... not even Tescos had one.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Went for the Humax one that I linked to in my post above. Not cheap, but very pleased with it so far, everything works instantly with no frustrating lags or freezes like the old box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports