Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T for old farts - hearing problems

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The five fellas I go to football with are all BELLENDS :shutup:
This includes my son Wrong Direction.They are all in their mid twenties & talk complete bollocks so I'm glad I can't hear what they are saying.
Watch youtube Brentford 3 Brighton 2 to see what I have to put up with:eek:
I'm the sober one wearing the Albion shirt:drink:
Beesotted apparently:moo:

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My partner and my kids have been banging on about my hearing going. This can't possibly be true, I'm only 68, fit as a butcher's dog, in the prime of my life and I can hear a pin drop at 50 yards.

But just in case it is true, some people on here must have had the same problem?

As far as I can see, after getting a free test, I can either buy a hearing aid from someone like Specsavers for between 500 and 3,000 quid or get an NHS one.

Does anyone have experience of NHS hearing aids? I don't really want to have to shell out a big chunk of money but I do need to get something that works.

I'm assuming an NHS one would be fairly basic, but what extra benefits would I get from paying for something more expensive?

Any experiences or suggestions much appreciated - please speak loudly!

TURN IT UP :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    571.1 KB · Views: 76

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I paid for digital hearing aids as the NHS only offered analog at the time. So it was the correct decision at that point.

However, I would do some research as to what hearing aid is available to you on the NHS rather than going out and spending lots of money.

Best wishes,

Young(ish) fart.

MACCAPACCA

Feb 18, 2009
Worthing
I have just recently been experiencing noises in my ears. I thought it would simply go with drops, but I was told on Friday that I will need a hearing aid. Either that or live with it or have an operation with no guarantee of success. I have to say I was devastated. Waiting for my aid in the coming weeks. Does anyone know if it helps with ringing in the ears? Although you cannot wear it at night when the ringing is more obvious. I have to say I didn't expect this at 52.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here