Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Electrical Installation Certificate/ Part P Certificate Advice

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not totally correct. Part p only covers domestic dwellings, so sparks who work on industrial and commercial wouldn't need that qualification.

I don't do domestic. I used to do the odd bit for friends and a few privates, but when all this Part P came in it was not worth the hassle of doing the odd socket or lights.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Does anyone know if there is an extra charge to get either an Electrical Installation Certificate or a Part P Certificate issued on completion of electrical work or should it just be included in the original price for the work, if there is a charge to get one issued at all? Our builder is saying it will now cost us between £120-£240 to get a certificate issued for electrical work already completed in our kitchen.

Many thanks in advance.

Assuming that you paid the builder to carry out the whole contract the electrical Certs should be included as part of the finished job. A copy is held by you and a copy given to building control so they can issue a completion certificate. Your builder is taking the Michael.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I don't do domestic. I used to do the odd bit for friends and a few privates, but when all this Part P came in it was not worth the hassle of doing the odd socket or lights.

I don't blame you actually. I know quite a few older sparks who did exactly the same thing.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I was a sparky 30 years ago with C&G 232 parts 1&2 and 17th revision. But done no courses since.
So am I still allowed to myself an electrician ?

Yes, you've done the current 17th so you're good.
You'd probably wanna get with nappit or NIC though. They'll inspect you every 6 months.
Don't think you could fully qualify yourself without level 3 on the 232, this is an old qualification so best call nappit.
I think you'd have 18 months to get 2391 or equivalent

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Not totally correct. Part p only covers domestic dwellings, so sparks who work on industrial and commercial wouldn't need that qualification.

This is correct, I don't need to be part p because my other qualification over surpass the joke part p certificate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here