O/T Does anyone work in or around Horsham

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
If so whats it like travelling there from Brighton or nearby every morning?

Just wondered as I might be starting a new job there. Just wondered how long it takes with average work traffic?

Cheers guys

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can imagine its a pain, either by car or train!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I commute to Crawley and that takes about 55 minutes by train, half an hour by car if the traffics OK. Not too bad, Horsham is a bit further out from Brighton though.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Whereabouts in Horsham would you be working as that will probably decide what route you'd take. I worked on the eastern edge for a few months and went up the A281 through Cowfold rather than the A23 which took 45 minutes unless they'd been an accident on the A23 then it would take a little longer. That was from 7.30 onwards it may get a little busier later on.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Whereabouts in Horsham would you be working as that will probably decide what route you'd take. I worked on the eastern edge for a few months and went up the A281 through Cowfold rather than the A23 which took 45 minutes unless they'd been an accident on the A23 then it would take a little longer. That was from 7.30 onwards it may get a little busier later on.

The AA route planner takes me up the A24, it says 32 minutes, but id imagine 45minutes is more realistic with work traffic etc.

Im not too sure where it is exactly, will be driving it thursday for the first time. But that wont be in rush hour.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Work in the centre, a lot of people come up from the coast and most use the A24 quite happily. If it's congested/blocked (Loads of accidents on the 24) then plenty of other ways out and back down.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I do, and I go by train. It's a bloody mission. The sooner I get a car the better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports