Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Dissertation Survey

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Done. One of the better surveys we've had posted I reckon.

If you get anything interestoing out of the dissertation come back and share it young shrew!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Didded.

I agree - maybe you should have asked what club - which is important because of the
geography of where UK football teams are. But good survey nonetheless.

Did you do a pilot study?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I agree - maybe you should have asked what club - which is important because of the
geography of where UK football teams are. But good survey nonetheless.

I think the results of the "what has your club done to increase ticket sales" bit will identify most of the BHA respondents. It was about home games, so geography shouldn't come in to it greatly.

Agree it was better thought out than most surveys I've seen. I would be interested in the results.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think the results of the "what has your club done to increase ticket sales" bit will identify most of the BHA respondents. It was about home games, so geography shouldn't come in to it greatly.

Agree it was better thought out than most surveys I've seen. I would be interested in the results.

Agreed Sully - maybe put another way: a question of how far you travel to home matches might have given some
interesting insights on top if the already interesting questions. I live in Kent - so evening home KOs are difficult for me,
to say the least.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Done. Shorter than I was expecting!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Agreed Sully - maybe put another way: a question of how far you travel to home matches might have given some
interesting insights on top if the already interesting questions. I live in Kent - so evening home KOs are difficult for me,
to say the least.

Completely agree. I thought that might be useful so chucked it in the comments for 'other'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Done. Good luck with this and your studies.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
For those that have completed were your answers for question 6 in respect of home games only or did you view this as all games.

shrewsburyfan2015

Aug 19, 2015
Thanks for all the feedback concerning the questions.

Agree with you that I have missed a trick not putting "how far do you live from your club?"

I've seen the comments in the "do you support the local team?" and many have put they travel from a far etc which should help me.

In regards to question 6 , the most influencing factors as it stands are: Family commitments, work commitments,attending with a family member/friend,travel time and timing of the games.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Done, tho question 6 may well be fatally flawed. Every other question talks about the respondent's local team. Question 6 may or may not really be asking 'What factors affect your decision on whether or not to attend a home game?' If the intention is to ask about local/home games, there should be an option for 'I have a season ticket' shirley? And not asking which team the respondent supports is maybe a bit short-sighted in that it might miss a trick or two about north/south demographics etc. Oh well. Please take the feedback in the positive spirit in which it is intended. Cheers.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Thanks for all the feedback concerning the questions.

Agree with you that I have missed a trick not putting "how far do you live from your club?"

I've seen the comments in the "do you support the local team?" and many have put they travel from a far etc which should help me.

In regards to question 6 , the most influencing factors as it stands are: Family commitments, work commitments,attending with a family member/friend,travel time and timing of the games.

Sounds a lot like my answers! Ticket prices are more of an issue in the Premier League I guess, but match day prices at a lot of Championship clubs are too high for me.

shrewsburyfan2015

Aug 19, 2015
Survey now includes:

Which team do you support?

How far do you live form your club?

Season ticket holders can now skip the multi choice attending games factors.

Do you support a team in the local area (have you once lived there or currently living there?)

Any more feedback would be appreciated. Thanks once again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here