O/T deleted scenes The Damned United

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Probably fixtures a long time back but my lad brought me the dvd and I watched it last night.

Probably with my football anorak on the film didn't hit the spot, too many factual issues, then i watched the dleted scenes section and actually had they left a lot of them in it would have explained a lot more to anyone watching the original film, and imho made it far more watchable.

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
Not seen the deleted scenes Ian but this is a problem with a lot films edited down to fit the 1hr30 max length idea. Why film companies seem to think the attention span of the modern human is only an hour and a half is beyond me.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Not seen the deleted scenes Ian but this is a problem with a lot films edited down to fit the 1hr30 max length idea. Why film companies seem to think the attention span of the modern human is only an hour and a half is beyond me.

I think the attention span issue is more an American thing, but really wish all DVDs came with the option to watch the film in full.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Thankfully the editors never got to cut The Godfather down to 90mins.

Would have ruined the whole gangster epic

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Probably fixtures a long time back but my lad brought me the dvd and I watched it last night.

Probably with my football anorak on the film didn't hit the spot, too many factual issues, then i watched the dleted scenes section and actually had they left a lot of them in it would have explained a lot more to anyone watching the original film, and imho made it far more watchable.

Thoroughly agreed, especially all of the office-based scenes such as Cloughie doing away with Revie's desk, which also happened to be the most memorable parts of the book for me.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

I watched it last night as well. Very good film, but not a patch on the book.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I watched it last night as well. Very good film, but not a patch on the book.

The book is deep, dark and a brilliant read. IMHO, like. The film on the other hand is a shallow so-so period piece. Entertaining enough, mind. But the 'Brighton' scenes, complete with shuffling pensioners with zimmer frames, were more than a bit puerile really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports