Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Coupling

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Hadn't really seen much of Coupling until watching the re-runs on BBC2 on Mondays.

What an absolute gem of a comedy. Brilliantly written and extremely funny.

The blokes are really funny (especially Geoff), and it has fit birds in it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
they've got it on dvd now

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
They are making a fourth series.

But I read somewhere that Geoff will no longer be in it and replaced by an extra from the third series. Guess it might be the bloke in the cupboard from Monday.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah Coupling is good, blonde bird is especially fit. Also new series of My Family starts next week with a preview thingy tomorrow night I think.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Red hair bird Katie Isitt went to school in Worthing and then Eastbourne. She was the year above me at Eastbourne, always in the school plays and stuff. She looks MUCH better now than she did then!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I can't decide whether I like Coupling. At times it is laugh out loud really funny but at other times it just looks like they are trying way to hard and think it is funny just to talk about sex (which I also thought was hilarious WHEN I WAS 12!!).

I don't care if Coupling is British it gets absolutely slaughtered by Friends in every aspect.

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
wasnt coupling one of the programmes that america nicked from us to try to make it popular over there? not that it did very wel tho, think it was dropped after a few episodes. Nothing can ever compare to friends tho, its just too good! :clap:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Coupling was the British version of Friends. Then the Americans tried to remake it.
Which just seems like the most stupid thing i can quickly imagine.

:dunce:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
sea_y2k said:
Nothing can ever compare to friends tho, its just too good! :clap:

Yeah, I don't care if Friends is a show for girls, I love it! I have seen a few of the episodes coming up in the current series and I have to say the episode where Ross goes clothes shopping with Rachel which I think is on in three weeks time over here is absolutely hilarious! I look forward to seing it again. The one on tonight is quite good too.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I have really got into Friends of late. I never used to watch it but I am getting quite addicted to it! :safeway

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i use to watch friends but haven't seen many of the new series

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
sea_y2k said:
wasnt coupling one of the programmes that america nicked from us to try to make it popular over there? not that it did very wel tho, think it was dropped after a few episodes. Nothing can ever compare to friends tho, its just too good! :clap:

Not totally accurate. Coupling went down a storm when it was shown on a network across the pond.
They decided to remake it though, with American actors, and it went down like a lead balloon.

Typical Yank reaction. Has to be made bigger, faster, harder, longer. Missing the point entirely.

When Fawlty Towers was remade for the US audience they decided that Basily Fawlty was too rude, and exchanged him for a tame woman. It flopped.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
i f***ing love it!!!!
jayne pisses me off but the guy from "this life" and the main woman(something alexander)are top quality
and as for jeff....:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
the fact that hes incredibly stupid and welsh is a stroke of genius :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here