Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Computer Help

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Am having a problem with Windows Update. Running Windows XP, and it seems that i cannot install any updates onto my computer, neither manually using the website nor through the automatic update.

Automatic updates is currently set to ON, but when the computer is trying to download something, the icon in the bottom right corner just says "Downloading 0%" and then dissapears.

When trying to download them manually, the website scans for the latest updates, but i have a problem downloading the "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)". The dialog box for the download shows nothin in the "installation
status" box, and then after a minute ior so says that the file couldn't be downloaded.

Cheers for any help you can give :)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and you do computing at college? pah

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Problem solved now, finally found out the error code and searched for it on Microsoft

Cheers Barnet Seagull, but not so much Scotty M

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Berty_G said:
And you do Drama at college. Can you write a broadway play? :p

easily - and i wouldnt have to appeal to nsc cor help:)

Berty_G said:
Am having a problem with Windows Update. Running Windows XP, and it seems that i cannot install any updates onto my computer, neither manually using the website nor through the automatic update.

Automatic updates is currently set to ON, but when the computer is trying to download something, the icon in the bottom right corner just says "Downloading 0%" and then dissapears.

When trying to download them manually, the website scans for the latest updates, but i have a problem downloading the "Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)". The dialog box for the download shows nothin in the "installation
status" box, and then after a minute ior so says that the file couldn't be downloaded.

Cheers for any help you can give :)

The Genuine Advantage tool checks that you are using a legit copy of XP. Are you? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here