Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t Children's breakfast - healthy or not? Survey

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Stopped having breakfast years ago. Just a tea or coffee and straight onto work.

D

Deleted member 18477

I ate biscuits as a kid for breakfast with a cup of tea.

It was either that for my mum and dad or I wouldn't eat anything as I wasn't 'hungry'.

I had a normal packed lunch consisting of a sandwich (usually ham or chicken - sometimes cheese), bag of crisps, banana and a small chocolate treat (I.e. A mini roll or a breakaway etc.) then for dinner I had something like birds eye chicken fillets with jacket potato and peas followed by a yogurt. I Usually had a chocolate bar or piece of cake as soon as I got home from school as well.

Although a pretty shitty diet when you think about it i did exercise a lot and could have been a lot worse as kids diets go. I Played football all the time, sometimes at lunch when not raining and rode my bike a lot after school in summer. I wasn't obese, fat and still aren't but I don't eat like that now.

In my opinion, everything in moderation as a kid. Much the same as when you're an adult. If they have sugary breakfasts just try and get some okish carbs in them later in the day with protein. I learnt about nutrition properly when I started doing weights at college. Until then it's just about getting your kid to that stage in life without becoming fat and giving them diabetes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here