Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Business Banking help

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Was just wondering who uses which bank and if they can recommend them for customer service and online, not really interested in great rates, etc. although no fees/minimal fees would be helpful.

Currently with Nat West and wanted to open a different/new business account, but you'd think they were doing you a favour, 5 attempts just to contact someone and nothing. So I've decided to take my business elsewhere and transfer existing accounts.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

Cheers.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For years I used Natwest and they were very good but then that all changed about 6 years ago when suddenly they became very distant to deal with, if that makes sense. I go to footie with an ex-natwest bank manager and he says don't touch them. I changed to Bank of Scotland due to their deals at the time but christ what a hard time that was. No real business banking on a one to one they just use Halifax for the day to day stuff and are useless. Now with Lloyds TSB and its like a breath of fresh air, so would recommend them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
HSBC, Lloyds both decent for small business at least.

Carter Allen also gets banded around a lot.

Apr 12, 2011
I've got accounts, personal and business with Lloyds, and personal with HSBC and Lloyds would be my recommendation without a doubt.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My business account with HSBC, I've not been charged for 5 years as all my transactions are mostly online or cheques. They give me a courtesy call say once or twice a year to check everything is okay. When I went overdrawn because of a stray DD that should of been cancelled, they happily refunded the penalty fee. Very happy.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I started with Lloyds in 2008, but moved to HSBC late in 2010.

FAR better service IMO - the Business Manager in Brighton/Hove was pretty damned useless. HSBC's online systems are better and HSBC have been good at offering premuim personal banking services too (not pushy selling, but a load of free products/services that are actually pretty useful).

No comparision as far as I am concerned.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
if its service you want try Allied Irish Bank next to the King and Queen.they dont do retail banking,only business, and they have a branch in brighton so you are not alweays on the phone or web.their internet banking is quite decent,and secure. they're not cheap though.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Was Abbey now Santander - free banking, free cheque books, free paymensts / withdrawals.
I mainly use online but can use a branch and ATM too.
As I bank personally with Santander, inter account transfers are immediate and simple for things like pay / expenses / dividends etc.
When I applied for a current a/c they also gave me a business reserve account - higher interest and somewhere to hive away your Corp tax and VAT each month

More than happy after 7 years ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here