Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] O/T Brighton curry takeaway suggestions.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Red Chillies in Preston Drove really is excellent. Tremendous value also. And the open kitchen is a bonus, always nice to see your food cooked in front of your eyes
Will you please keep this secret, truly excellent take away. As you say open kitchen so you can see your food being cooked, and the guys cooking have such fun.

Sent from my BAH-W09 using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
My curry suggestion is to keep ordering take out curry and other meals from your local restaurant ... then when we all resurface after lockdown 2, as many as possible will be there.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If you do use Red Chillies and don't want your head blown off you need to ask them to dial it down a bit. Tasty curries but hot as ****.

As mentioned Eastern Eye is probably the best takeway but if you're at the other end of town then Hove Tandoori is probably the one.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
If you do use Red Chillies and don't want your head blown off you need to ask them to dial it down a bit. Tasty curries but hot as ****.

As mentioned Eastern Eye is probably the best takeway but if you're at the other end of town then Hove Tandoori is probably the one.

This was my experience there and I like my curries pretty hot.

I found them hot to the detriment of the taste.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
We’ve been using Balti Express for ten years, after a ‘tight’ former colleague of mine recommended them. He lived close by to thm also in Beaconsfield Road.

Brilliant value, fast home deliveries.

Yeah it is brilliant value which is always good. I genuinely think it's the tastiest curry I've ever had, it makes my mouth water thinking about it.

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
If anyone is after some amazing homemade veggie curries you can just heat up, check out Sunny Foods on Beaconsfield Road, very good value for money too.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Live not far from from Mumbai Express on Sutherland Road, and have never had a bad one from there.

I'm not saying I use it often, but when I go in, I'm greeted by my christian name, and they usually know my order before I say it :lolol:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Rajah in Southwick always used to be good - and one of the waiters used to be a big Albion fan

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My faves are Planet India, Chilli Pickle, and Curry Leaf Cafe

These are a good Indian. ^^^

Over on the cheap side of town Tikka on Boundary Road is remarkably good for the price (chef won an award not so long ago) and Tulsi in Hangleton is decent for some old school fun.

Used to use Hove Tandoori but, for me, they went downhill. All their dishes tasted of the same base sauce and they got the lowest food hygiene rating possible. If people have ordered recently, have they turned it around, as the lamb shank things they did were the business once upon a time?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

Over on the cheap side of town Tikka on Boundary Road is remarkably good for the price (chef won an award not so long ago) and Tulsi in Hangleton is decent for some old school fun.

Used to use Hove Tandoori but, for me, they went downhill. All their dishes tasted of the same base sauce and they got the lowest food hygiene rating possible. If people have ordered recently, have they turned it around, as the lamb shank things they did were the business once upon a time?

They turned that poor hygeine rating round very quickly. Its our regular and was very good last time a couple of weeks ago.

Will give Tikka a go though - sounds intiguing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I really don't get the love for Planet India. I've been a veggie for more than 40 years so love going to vegetarian restaurants: I can say without hesitation that Planet India is the worst Indian veggie restaurant I've been to. If I got offered a free take-away from there, I probably wouldn't take up the offer.

There are much better veggie places in town, most meat restaurants serve better food,

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

despite my user name Hove Tandoori is my local (I moved).

I've had a couple of deliveries from there over the last few months and it was lovely..

However, after having a takeaway curry from "Moonstone", Sri Lankan, pretty much opposite Hove Tandoori, I'll probably use that because I preferred it ..... although some people I recommended it too prefer Hove Tandoori. Such is the nature of curries. Both are great as far as I'm concerned.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I really don't get the love for Planet India. I've been a veggie for more than 40 years so love going to vegetarian restaurants: I can say without hesitation that Planet India is the worst Indian veggie restaurant I've been to. If I got offered a free take-away from there, I probably wouldn't take up the offer.

There are much better veggie places in town, most meat restaurants serve better food,

I don't think about the food there much. Not sure if that's cos it's such an institution or cos it's just nice food, although I've taken meat eaters there and they seemed to like it. Fair old chance they were humouring me and desperate to leave.

Feel a strong sense of loyalty because of the zen-like joy of the bloke who runs it and his notes on the menu. "My wife's favourite" is an all-time classic description. In all the days I have spent doing email marketing, nothing has come close to "let us keep in touch - we are not very good at it but we are getting better" on the website, either.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Kamal opposite the Chimney House pub in Upper Hamilton Road is pretty good. In fact it has recently been especially excellent so maybe they have someone new in the kitchen, which would explain why prices have gone up. I recommend the Chicken Gorchi. Dall Sambah too as a veggie side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here