Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] O/T Albion U23s away to Exeter City tonight.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We do seem to be very poor at U23 level why is that? Obviously the new acadamy having no affect yet. Or do we blame the coaching staff at that level?
We are mid table in the lower of the 2 divisions of the top U23 league.

That is not 'very poor' although there is room for progress.

We have been disappointing in the Checkatrade trophy, though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
After the recent two games for the first team, the focus is on Albion' s U23 team tonight, when they play Exeter City at St James Park at 19:00.
Live text blog is on Seagulls TV.

Albion U23

Exeter City

Damn. Just opened the 'Exeter' link and found it was POTG, and cheap - they were actually wanting and inviting people to turn up and watch their youngsters, unlike it seems, at times, The Albion.. If I'd known earlier, I could have booked a hotel and hopped on a cheap train.............

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Damn. Just opened the 'Exeter' link and found it was POTG, and cheap - they were actually wanting and inviting people to turn up and watch their youngsters, unlike it seems, at times, The Albion.. If I'd known earlier, I could have booked a hotel and hopped on a cheap train.............

I don't understand what you are saying with this post; Exeter were charging £10 for adults and £6/£4 for concessions:-

[TWEET]937712868027494400[/TWEET]

Albion, on the other hand, charge £5 for adults and £2 for concessions for U-23 matches - THREE UNDER-23 GAMES ON SALE NOW

Am I missing something? :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tickets available to STHs, points, or even just having to buy tickets on line in advance - it's just a different (in every sense) ball game. So, for me, is travel to Exeter.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Tickets available to STHs, points, or even just having to buy tickets on line in advance - it's just a different (in every sense) ball game. So, for me, is travel to Exeter.

So you are quite happy going online to make multiple posts on a thread on NSC, but going online to get a free (if you're a season ticket holder) ticket to an Albion U-23 game is a pain?

And you would rather pay twice as much at Exeter if it is POTG than half as much at Albion if you have to get the ticket online first?

Okay - seems completely contray to me, but whatever floats your boat.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Will this be the team for the cup tie ? :O

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That was Exeter's youngsters not first team squad? ��

They don't have an U-23 side as such. It was a mixture of experience, first-team squad members and youngsters, eg Craig Woodman is 34 and has made over 180 appearances for Exeter, 4 others have at least 5 league appearances, and a couple had not appeared for the first team.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So you are quite happy going online to make multiple posts on a thread on NSC, but going online to get a free (if you're a season ticket holder) ticket to an Albion U-23 game is a pain?

And you would rather pay twice as much at Exeter if it is POTG than half as much at Albion if you have to get the ticket online first?

Okay - seems completely contray to me, but whatever floats your boat.
Not quite the way you're putting it - it is rather more complicated than that. But basically yes, if somebody is offering me a price I'm happy with, POTG and no messing, and a manageable journey it is a massive positive for me.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Group stage The tournament will be split into eight groups of four clubs, with each team playing their opposing clubs home and away. The top two teams advance to the knockout stage.
Knockout stage The last 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final will all be one-off knockout ties. If the ties are level after 90 minutes, they go to extra-time and then penalties if the teams still can't be separated.
https://www.premierleague.com/news/58756

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here