Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] O/T - Advice - Neighbour tree damaging shed

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Do you have legal expenses/advice line with your home or car insurance. Usually a small extra premium, but I have used mine for similar garden based guidance.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yeah - you can cut back any part of it that overhangs your garden, so that includes most the trunk in this case (assuming you are not in a conservation area - if you are, you need permission). You can understand the council tenant not being interested, but they'd probably be happy for you to remove the whole thing at your cost. It might be worth just following up again with the council though - whatever they say, they probably are responsible if its causing damage.

If it's a nice tree, you could always move the shed...

Move the shed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Remove the shed and embrace Nature at its finest and use the tree as a place to sit In the garden with a bit of shade

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
I did the same. To cover yourself, it might be worth putting in writing to the tree owners what you intend to do and offering them the cuttings.

That's good advice in general. Sadly its not something i have to deal with anymore as the net boom closed my shop some years ago.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Come on man tenants are t going to pay a shilling they don’t have to. To them you have achieved something many only dream of owning your own home if it’s bothering you that much pay for it.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
As others have said, looks like you'll have to bite the bullet and get it done yourself.

If you are confident enough you could always lop off the branches and get a bow saw and take down the trunk yourself, £25 from Screwfix for both. Elders aren't that tough to cut.

Then I'd get the fence up pdq to stop it growing back over your boundary, or at least something temporary to stop it.

Loppers:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/telescopic-anvil-loppers/18096

Bow saw:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/roughneck-pointed-bow-saw-21/1001x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here