Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nzuzi Toko SIGNS

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Wasn't Toko the name of the character played by Eli Wallach in The Good The Bad and The Ugly? Not sure why this relevant but if true I like it.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Looks good in the clips apart from he always seems to start the wrong side. Looks bloody powerful though!!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Time to dust off the old 70s chant, "you're going home in a county ambulance", only we'll be singing it to the opposing players rather than fans. Also i expect to read a lot of match reports with the headline - '10 man Albion hang in for a draw/grind out a win etc etc'

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Having looked at the youtube vids we are definitely looking at a Liam Bridcutt type.
Breaks up play, when he gets the ball looks to offload to more creative players. Good energy too.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
To the tune of Going Loco Down In Acapulco:

We've got Toko
He's cooler than Yoko

Sorted :banana:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ball winning midfielder willing to work his socks off? Showing the opposition who's boss and that we won't be over run in that department?

If he does indeed tick those boxes then he'll do for me :thumbsup:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Referee's are going to have a field day with this bloke lol. It'll be interesting to see how we line up next season. We have some very powerful choices in CM although creativity looks to be a problem without Orlandi. It presumably means the end for Andrews though...

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Look at those tackles. LOOK at them!

It doesn't matter how long he takes to "adjust to the pace of the English game", we are going to see some opposition players get CLATTERED this season. Oh yes. Love it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Wouldn't be surprised to see a cm off loaded and replaced by an attacking cm . Would like to think new manager will not he so rigid with 1 up front . If this fella is decent then we must have one the strongest centre midfield in over 30 years . A position we've often been powder puff in . Potentially very good

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm confused.

His wikipedia page shows him as "Toko Nzuzi".

The official announcement on the seagulls website calls him "Nzuzi Toko".

Which is it? What is his first name, and what is his surname?
This may need verification from the club , when I worked for BT many years ago and passed the details over on collect calls to countries in Africa where the transaction was handled entirely in French it was mandatory to give the surname first followed by the forename.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Posh spice is slapper
She likes her juice to flow
And when she's sat on beckhams face
She thinks of our toko

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I'm sorry but I just don't understand how you can sign a player with no manager in place. I just don't get it. How do we know he will fit the incoming man's plan. Obviously there is no plan. Just like we feared. Managers don't have much say in which players are signed, it's mainly down to the finance guys.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Toko...Toko...he comes from de Congo
He gets the ball, scores a goal
And then we all go loco
Toko toko he comes from de Congo (repeat)

(Umbongo ...sang in low warrior like voices punk: )

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm sorry but I just don't understand how you can sign a player with no manager in place

What part of "He was signed several weeks ago" are you struggling with, exactly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here