Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nzuzi Toko - good signing

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
He's already a contender for my favourite player of the season, based purely on this quote on the official site:

"It is a very hard league but I am looking forward to it because I like football and I think it is one of the nicest jobs in the world and I like it when I can do it as many times as possible"

:lolol: That reminds me of that Chris the Simpsons Artist bloke on FB/Twitter (look up "simsons pictures that i gone and done" if you've not heard of him, he's amazing)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He in my opinion was bought as a direct replacement for Bridcutt hence he is in my team, initial signs look encouraging, we have no other player in our squad to play the holding role. I expect another to be purchased.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You do know that Bridcutt played a holding midfield role, playing left to right and supporting the defense, right? He wasn't playing off Ulloa!

In fact he was so good at it he know does it in the Premiership.

Jury is still out on whether he is good enough to make an impact in the Premier League, not sure he's made any impact at all yet has he?

However he was excellent for us at this level and we were well paid for him when he left.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You do know that Bridcutt played a holding midfield role, playing left to right and supporting the defense, right? He wasn't playing off Ulloa!

In fact he was so good at it he know does it in the Premiership.

Well, he does it in training at a Premier League side. Not quite the same thing...

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Jury is still out on whether he is good enough to make an impact in the Premier League, not sure he's made any impact at all yet has he?

However he was excellent for us at this level and we were well paid for him when he left.
Has he played yet?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has he played yet?

I believe he has and quite a few Sunderland fans were less than impressed by him. He was dropped during their surge away from the bottom I believe?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The new Bridcutt? Does that mean he can only pass 5 metres backwards or sideways and has absolutely no idea where the opposing goal is?

Yep, but he does it faster! Does he take free kicks?

I always thought Liam Bridcutt was a shade too slow and could not cover enough ground quick enough. He made up for it by his anticipation but this might only work up to Championship level. Noko (new player) looks a better prospect. As long as he does not have to head the ball?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
So Sunderland dropped him and pulled clear from the relegation zone, even without his goals and assists............ The last time I saw him set up a goal, the scorer was Mark Noble for West Ham at The Amex. Sorry, I'd forgotten that Bridcutt's an international. Is he mentally capable of playing for Sunderland, or does he still have the same problem of not having the right mind set, despite miraculously managing to continue to draw his salary?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Bridcutt was a good championship player in a team that played to his strengths. The way Hyypia says he wants us to play, not sure a Bridcutt clone will figure much. Far to negative. Let's hope Toko has a bit more to his all round game than Bridcutt, otherwise I see him being a bench warmer at best.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Bridcutt was a good championship player in a team that played to his strengths. The way Hyypia says he wants us to play, not sure a Bridcutt clone will figure much. Far to negative. Let's hope Toko has a bit more to his all round game than Bridcutt, otherwise I see him being a bench warmer at best.
Yeah Im sure he left Grasshoppers where he was idolised to sit on the bench at Brighton. :facepalm:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yeah Im sure he left Grasshoppers where he was idolised to sit on the bench at Brighton. :facepalm:

Why doesn't anyone on this site read what's written. I said if he hasn't got more to his game than Bridcutt, he may find himself on the bench. I'd rather wait and judge myself, than go on some youtube clips. Bridcutt was probably one of the most negative players I have ever witnessed, but he was good at being negative, I will concede that.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Bridcutt was probably one of the most negative players I have ever witnessed, but he was good at being negative, I will concede that.

My abiding memory of Liam is that winning goal - right in front of me - at The Withdean in one of the final games of our championship winning season. He never did that ebough, though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here