Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] NZ vs India World Championship

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
India lead by 98 at Lunch, with 5 wickets in hand. With 2 sessions to play, all results are still possible. You'd have to feel that NZ will probably be batting at some point this afternoon. The earlier that is, the greater the chance it's an NZ win. But if Pant and Jadeja can hang around for an hour and put some runs on the board, and then the tail have a thrash to rapidly boost that lead in the lead up to tea break it swings back towards the draw as the most likely outcome.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
India effectively 115-6 with 60 odd overs still left. Not leaving my chair yet.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Pant out. Down to the bunnies now.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
CRT.JPG

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Another one bites the dust...

170 all out Kiwis can't lose this can they?

If they still had Chris Cairns it might be over in the 10th...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Southampton is such a pleasant ground for cricket. I think I'd rather watch on a sunny day there than Lords.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
NZ need 120 in theoretically 45 overs. That's 2.67/over - they're currently going at 2.42.

So there's still some interest here for India - what happens if/when NZ need to up the pace a little? A wicket or 2 in the next 5 overs could send jitters.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
NZ need 120 in theoretically 45 overs. That's 2.67/over - they're currently going at 2.42.

So there's still some interest here for India - what happens if/when NZ need to up the pace a little? A wicket or 2 in the next 5 overs could send jitters.

NZ have a lot of batting. All the way down.

It's still a good pitch. They should bring this home. I'd be very disappointed if they didn't.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
NZ have a lot of batting. All the way down.

It's still a good pitch. They should bring this home. I'd be very disappointed if they didn't.

Agree - odds on still in favour of NZ. But wouldn't be the first time a "straight forward low chase" turns into a disaster.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ashwin and Shami joining the dots. Although it is only 93 needed, overs are down to 32... tension is building.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is a great test match - it should have been put on terrestrial TV, it's a fantastic advert for test cricket.
On the other hand, I'd never get any work done if I could watch as well as listen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here