Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nuno leaving Wolves

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
6/4? 20/1 on betfair
Wolves fans will be happy. Wanted him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2f29d706c72ef18d81f7b26983c00f64.png

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He had a clause apparently if Manchester United , Liverpool, Real Madrid or Crystal Palace job became available. Going to Selhurst.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
'Mutual consent' covers it if a compromise has been agreed between the clubs/manager...................

This is what I think.

Wolves certainly seem to be celebrating his time at their club and will doubtless make things special on Sunday.

After this season’s performance, perhaps the leadership at Wolves weren’t so disappointed to find out Nuno wanted to talk with Spurs. A new start for both Wolves and Nuno might be best for both parties without the public squabbling over compensation with Spurs.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not surprised. He's looked very very tired for most of the season, think he might be borderline burned out. Kind of like how Eddie Howe was looking last year... you could see all the angst and the sleepless nights and the dark thoughts and the immense pressure. Slightly different for Nuno as they havent really flirted with relegation, but they've had a rough season with high expecations, Jimenez injury, some underperforming star players and never really looking like a coherent and confident side.

Leaving for Spurs would be slightly strange, as he's leaving by mutual consent but signed a new 3-year deal at the beginning of this season.

If Spurs was on the cards, surely Wolves would have hung onto him so they could get some compensation.

This. He is not going to Spurs, I cant see it... Possibly going abroad, maybe to one of the big clubs home in Portugal. But I think he will go on a break for a year or so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not surprised. He's looked very very tired for most of the season, think he might be borderline burned out. Kind of like how Eddie Howe was looking last year... you could see all the angst and the sleepless nights and the dark thoughts and the immense pressure. Slightly different for Nuno as they havent really flirted with relegation, but they've had a rough season with high expecations, Jimenez injury, some underperforming star players and never really looking like a coherent and confident side.

This. He is not going to Spurs, I cant see it... Possibly going abroad, maybe to one of the big clubs home in Portugal. But I think he will go on a break for a year or so.

He'll go wherever George Mendes tells him he is going.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Yeah not now obviously. Was when I posted.

He ain’t going there anyway. Very boring style of football which is the opposite of what levy said he wants.

Wolves already in advanced negotiations with some random Portuguese guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A Jorge Mendes controlled merry-go-round.

Favourite to take over from Nuno is Bruno Lage who’s agent is Jorge Mendes.

Nuno who is now favourite for the Spurs job agent also happens to be Mendes who is also Spurs former manager Mourinho’s agent.

Also Mendes is in charge of recruitment at Wolves, so..

Dont think Nuno is going to Spurs but indeed the next Wolves manager is 100% likely to be Portoguese.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Could be Arsenal if not spurs..

An Arsenal stat I've heard on a couple of podcasts in the last day or two surprised me, so I'll share it here...

Arsenal rank 2nd in the form table for the last 23 games. SECOND. They really were sh|t for the first 40% of the season, but Arteta has turned it around (but doesn't seem to get much credit for it).

It would be an odd time for Arsenal to make the change now, given their form even though they probably won't be in Europe next season.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
An Arsenal stat I've heard on a couple of podcasts in the last day or two surprised me, so I'll share it here...

Arsenal rank 2nd in the form table for the last 23 games. SECOND. They really were sh|t for the first 40% of the season, but Arteta has turned it around (but doesn't seem to get much credit for it).

It would be an odd time for Arsenal to make the change now, given their form even though they probably won't be in Europe next season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pre...e/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2020&min=15&max=38

Last 23 league games.JPG

FACT!

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

Crazy that! Haven't been impressed with them pretty much all season bar the odd good result, really feel like they could be the next Everton not quite as much of a fall from grace as Forrest and Leeds but certainly enough to not be considered a top 6 side or european challengers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Adama traore please mr bloom!

That would be a fantastic signing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here