Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSFG - Murray signs for palace

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
We shall see - you never know a player till you've seen him live 10 times...

Anyways i don't know how palace fans suddenly pipe up up on threads like this cos they've signed ONE of our champions players when you've been shite all season and we've been brilliant - if this is the most you've had to shout about all season then it proves a point.

Also, the biggest piss take is that you were in administration a yr ago and cheatedyour way out of ridiculous over-spending. You should have an embargo slapped on you for 10 yurs as punishment not be able to spend 10k a wk on a player and start the overspending cycle all over again - new owners or not. I know which boat i'd rather be on pal...

PS - One quick point about that judas money grabbing oddball **** though. When he plays for 'your team' and he wins all these free kicks and pens you call it clever... When he is playing against you, you'd call it plain cheating... That's football I suppose.

PS - Murray is one player - we weren't held to ransom by him and I think he has made a shite career move - as do most palace fans I know. Oh well... I won't be thinking about Glenn Murray next season in our brand new stadium - nothing will tarnish that!

Love this thread!!!! He's gone to a lesser club!!! He will live to regret that!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As someone who knows nothing about Murray other than he was your top scorer in a title winning team, this is fantastic to read, and all for free! Thanks Brighton, will you let us know if you get anymore decent players? Cheers!

Well of course if history repeats itself it won't actually be free but you'll pay him something like five pence in the pound which is pretty good business I agree.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They haven't already? Will '7 goals in 80 games' Hoskins
for half a million? :D

They always said he was back up and they were after 2 strikers and 4 other players, copy the Norwich mold from last year.

Looking forward to see how the management team deal with Murray and if he can kick on with you, what part of his play do you think will suit your style, and whats your favourite goal he scored last season.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
We shall see - you never know a player till you've seen him live 10 times...

Anyways i don't know how palace fans suddenly pipe up up on threads like this cos they've signed ONE of our champions players when you've been shite all season and we've been brilliant - if this is the most you've had to shout about all season then it proves a point. We pipe up on these threads Sheebo 'cos we all know this is a big loss to Albion

Also, the biggest piss take is that you were in administration a yr ago and cheatedyour way out of ridiculous over-spending. You should have an embargo slapped on you for 10 yurs as punishment not be able to spend 10k a wk on a player and start the overspending cycle all over again - new owners or not. I know which boat i'd rather be on pal...ho hum, lets all go down the Admin road again......we've all made mistakes......groundsharing at Priestfield is a classic example.

PS - One quick point about that judas money grabbing oddball **** though. When he plays for 'your team' and he wins all these free kicks and pens you call it clever... When he is playing against you, you'd call it plain cheating... That's football I suppose. This makes no sense, what you've just said can be said about most fans of most teams

PS - Murray is one player - we weren't held to ransom by him and I think he has made a shite career move - as do most palace fans I know. Oh well... I won't be thinking about Glenn Murray next season in our brand new stadium - nothing will tarnish that!The thing is, will the vast majority of the plastic fans know any Albion songs in order to build an atmosphere at the Amex? Tell me, will they be issuing lyrics to your songs in the programmes with subtitles for the scouse, Mancs and Cockneys?

hmmmm....

Last edited:

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
love how all the palace fans are making judgements on Murray and Hoskins after seeing them play i'm guessing NEVER

I'd love to see Murray's goal/chance ratio i'm doubting it'll be very good i'm not going to deny that Murray is a decent player but the attitide that comes with him isn't wrth more than we offered him

It makes it all the more sweeter that he has gone to Palarse as we will have the pleasure of watching him f*** up there :)

Hoskins > Murray

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Well of course if history repeats itself it won't actually be free but you'll pay him something like five pence in the pound which is pretty good business I agree.

You go on about administration as if it's something I should be ashamed of? I honestly couldn't give a f***, we're absolutely fine now, it's in the past and we're able to sign your best players on £250,000 a week. :)

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
I am more than happy if any of you are interested to have a couple of Charity Bets for next season, lets say £10 each.

Who scores most goals - Murray or Hoskins?
Who finishes higher in the League?

Anyone willing to match it?

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
You go on about administration as if it's something I should be ashamed of? I honestly couldn't give a f***, we're absolutely fine now, it's in the past and we're able to sign your best players on £250,000 a week. :)

You have signed a good striker who is out of contract, he scored loads of goals at league one because of the way we play, fast wingers often two up front. Our best player Bennett had a 1 million pound offer turned down in Januray.

How do you play, if its one up front you may be in trouble, however Murrays defensive work is excellent if you nick goals and need to defend a score.

I really am amazed though at how so many of you believe you are goling to come into the Championship next season and it's gonna be a breeze and you will be challenging for the Play Offs? Where do you get this confidence.

You keep saying Murray is untested in the Championship, but aren't pretty much most of your squad untested in the Championship?

We have struggled the past 2 seasons simply because of one reason - Administration - and yes i have seen all your jibes etc, but before this we were regular players in the top 10, the season we went into administration i am totally convinced we would have made the play offs, losing the 10 points completly killed all confidence and atmosphere within the club, last season was always going to be a strugle because of the after effects and coming back to pre-season with only 11 contracted players.

Next season will be the first season where we can really evaluate where we are as a club again, and i will safely say now it will be mid to top half of the table, i certainly dont see us near the bottom.

If we do keep most of the players mentioned earlier, Clyne, Ambrose etc, add to that Murray, we do have a pretty decent side. Even if we do sell those we will have a decent bit of money to re-invest. Im certainly a lot more confident this season than what i was last.

I honeslty do think you should first of all be looking to just survive and stay in the division, and im sure thats what Gus will be doing there.

Almost all our players, and certainly our TEAM are untested in the Championship - but it's only mentioned so much about Murray because you scummers keep banging on about 'nicking the great goalscorer from under our noses' and whatever else.
Your team have been tested in the Championship though. :laugh:

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
They always said he was back up and they were after 2 strikers and 4 other players, copy the Norwich mold from last year.

Looking forward to see how the management team deal with Murray and if he can kick on with you, what part of his play do you think will suit your style, and whats your favourite goal he scored last season.
I'd love to be able to tell you, but i'm afraid i've taken very little notice of you or your players since you were last relegated. I have no idea how good Murray is, I just find it very, very funny that you give it all this 'new era' bollocks, you're a bigger, better club than Palace etcetc.....And the day after promotion is secured you're best striker is begging Palace to show him the delights of South Norwood. Come on, it's fuckinng hilarious.

Glad you're back to provide some entertainment for next season though :)

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am more than happy if any of you are interested to have a couple of Charity Bets for next season, lets say £10 each.

Who scores most goals - Murray or Hoskins?
Who finishes higher in the League?

Anyone willing to match it?

Lets wait to see if who our main striker will be first, but if it raises money for REMF could be in once the squads are announced.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
love how all the palace fans are making judgements on Murray and Hoskins after seeing them play i'm guessing NEVER

Hmmm ok, don't think it's just the Palace fans who are making judgements.....

Hoskins > Murray

.....I rest my case!

Basically Palace fans, the Albion fans on here who are saying Murray is shit, glad we've got Hoskins etc etc are basically the same Albion fans who would be on here openly masturbating had Murray snubbed you and stayed with us.

Murray was a great player for us and he'll be a big miss. Will Hoskins fill his boots? Nobody knows just yet, a bit like no ones whether Murray will be a hit at Palace or even be able to perform consistently at that level.

People can spin stuff how they like but any Albion fan that says they wouldn't have Murray in their side is a liar.

Do I wish him well? Do I f***! I hope he fails miserably and you go down. But that bitterness has nothing to do with him wanting to leave us for money, that is just human nature! That bitterness is because he's gone to you ***** and I'm more than happy to admit that!

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
i'd love to be able to tell you, but i'm afraid i've taken very little notice of you or your players since you were last relegated. I have no idea how good murray is, i just find it very, very funny that you give it all this 'new era' bollocks, you're a bigger, better club than palace etcetc.....and the day after promotion is secured you're best striker is begging palace to show him the delights of south norwood. Come on, it's fuckinng hilarious.

wanker

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'd love to be able to tell you, but i'm afraid i've taken very little notice of you or your players since you were last relegated. I have no idea how good Murray is, I just find it very, very funny that you give it all this 'new era' bollocks, you're a bigger, better club than Palace etcetc.....And the day after promotion is secured you're best striker is begging Palace to show him the delights of South Norwood. Come on, it's fuckinng hilarious.

Well hopefully you can ignore the recurring hamstring he suffers from. Although when he plays hes as good as Calvin Andrews if you need some comparison.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
Hmmm ok, don't think it's just the Palace fans who are making judgements.....

.....I rest my case!

Basically Palace fans, the Albion fans on here who are saying Murray is shit, glad we've got Hoskins etc etc are basically the same Albion fans who would be on here openly masturbating had Murray snubbed you and stayed with us.

Murray was a great player for us and he'll be a big miss. Will Hoskins fill his boots? Nobody knows just yet, a bit like no ones whether Murray will be a hit at Palace or even be able to perform consistently at that level.

People can spin stuff how they like but any Albion fan that says they wouldn't have Murray in their side is a liar.

Do I wish him well? Do I f***! I hope he fails miserably and you go down. But that bitterness has nothing to do with him wanting to leave us for money, that is just human nature! That bitterness is because he's gone to you ***** and I'm more than happy to admit that!

Good post.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
If he's another Calvin Andrew, that'ss do me!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
hmmmm....

No mancs and cockneys - mainly old goldstone lads - read the attendance figures from back in the day sunshine... Virtually all the new season ticket holders I know (i'd say a good 50) have been to the Withdean and some have even done aways this season. It's called people coming out the woodwork - just look at how many we took to Cardiff for the play off final?

As for going bust when we were homeless? Do your homework - we got out of this mess ourselves thanks to the likes of Dick Knight and Norman Cook. Having a pop at us going homeless is very low as most real football fans know how badly we were f***ed over - much like AFC Wimbledon... Would you laugh at AFC to their fans?

Anyway's it's been a good season / yr for us - Sussex CCC champions again and winning silverware left right and centre / Albion defying all the odds and bigger budgets to piss the league / Heathfield Park CC 2nds winnig promotion :) / Cecil bought me a pint / Scanny taught me how to win on the roulette / I beat you at Mario Kart :lol: ... I could go on and on...

What about you? How did Palarse / Eastbourne Boro and Kent CCC get on pal?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here