Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC's most prolific 2014 - part I

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thank God. If I don't post at all until October, I might be able to get my count down to a respectable level.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've failed miserably to reign it in, but I hope I'm 'better' after last years epic performance.

It's been a tough few months for us 'cold turkeyers'.
Squeezing into the play-offs.
Oscargate.
Then The Rise of the Bedwetters.

One of whom I think is the clubhouse leader after 36 holes.
I'm now having to contend with:-
All cyclists are druggies.
No drug can make you kick a ball straight.

It's like bloody cat nip, to me.

So much for keeping my head down until Le Tour.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403985676.153421.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403985676.153421.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 215

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's quality not quality.

I used to post lots of sh*t, now I just post a little wee.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

It's not though is it? It's just about opinions. Good posts that make unpopular points will get 'downed' whereas the more anodyne crap ("I think the moaners should shut up and get behind Oscar/Gus/Sami") will get 'upped'.

EDIT: And I notice at the time of my post your one-word answer already has a thumbs up!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It's not though is it? It's just about opinions. Good posts that make unpopular points will get 'downed' whereas the more anodyne crap ("I think the moaners should shut up and get behind Oscar/Gus/Sami") will get 'upped'.

EDIT: And I notice at the time of my post your one-word answer already has a thumbs up!

Then what is the measure of quality? Surely it is subjective, therefore based upon opinion.

I have noticed that good positive posts usually get lots of thumbs up, moaning without foundation and general whinging get thumbs down and anodyne crap usually gets ignored.

And I am guessing that I got a thumbs up for that answer as they were agreeing with me. Rather like "like" on facebook. I did post that 2 or 3 days ago now, so 1 person agreeing with me in 3 days is hardly unusual is it? So if many people agree with me or anyone else, does that not make it a quality post? Who is the arbiter of quality? Does it really matter?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Then what is the measure of quality? Surely it is subjective, therefore based upon opinion.

I have noticed that good positive posts usually get lots of thumbs up, moaning without foundation and general whinging get thumbs down and anodyne crap usually gets ignored.

And I am guessing that I got a thumbs up for that answer as they were agreeing with me. Rather like "like" on facebook. I did post that 2 or 3 days ago now, so 1 person agreeing with me in 3 days is hardly unusual is it? So if many people agree with me or anyone else, does that not make it a quality post? Who is the arbiter of quality? Does it really matter?

My sole point was that your one-word reply of 'thumbs' got a thumbs-up when, with respect, it was not a post that will live long in the memory. Nothing wrong with it, simply proof that 'thumbs' are no indicator of post quality. A Palace fan could come on here and make a closely-reasoned argument as to why they've always been better than us, and someone could just reply "**** off". I know which one would get the higher thumbs rating.

But as you say, it doesn't matter and I don't care one way or the other. I was merely trying to add to the debate.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My sole point was that your one-word reply of 'thumbs' got a thumbs-up when, with respect, it was not a post that will live long in the memory. Nothing wrong with it, simply proof that 'thumbs' are no indicator of post quality. A Palace fan could come on here and make a closely-reasoned argument as to why they've always been better than us, and someone could just reply "**** off". I know which one would get the higher thumbs rating.

But as you say, it doesn't matter and I don't care one way or the other. I was merely trying to add to the debate.

:lolol: Very true. But as a rough guide, a post that gets a lot of thumbs is usually a good post, rather than an abusive one that lots of people agree with. Likewise, one with lots of thumbs down is usually a load of tripe. But yes, my one word answer was not the highest quality post ever made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here