Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Beach Hut

Votes: 42 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If you'd like some help with my picture and caption Whingy then just ask :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

If you'd like some help with my picture and caption Whingy then just ask :thumbsup:

The fact you appear to want to win so much and are revelling in your place will hinder you in your quest, Husty. Given the nature of the competition, people won't vote for someone who actually wants to win it. I suggest being a little bit more understated; possibly throw in a couple of subtle posts a day that will piss people off.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The fact you appear to want to win so much and are revelling in your place will hinder you in your quest, Husty. Given the nature of the competition, people won't vote for someone who actually wants to win it. I suggest being a little bit more understated; possibly throw in a couple of subtle posts a day that will piss people off.

I don't actually give two hoots about the competition either way, but I reckon engaging with it is more likely to piss off the window lickers who nominated me.

Jimmy Grimble

I don't actually give two hoots about the competition either way, but I reckon engaging with it is more likely to piss off the window lickers who nominated me.

Well good luck either way :thumbsup:

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Why is radio plebeian. I would have argued completely the opposite. It is possibly the last potential oasis of calm in an otherwise out of control world.

But I guess it depends what you listen to.

It is a service largely (not entirely) surplus to requirements. Everyone and their dog has a phone these days and all are passable music players. For in-transit audio joy, simply put some music of your own choice onto your mobile device and you're off. At home? Well, that's what CD players or docks are for. :rave:

With radio you have to listen to tedious people talking about nonsense, oftentimes over the top of the terrible music someone has just requested. :nono:

The only time I will listen to the radio is when I want the sports. To my knowledge Grimshaw does not affect my enjoyment of sports on radio, further relegating him to a position of non-importance in this poll, from my perspective.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It is a service largely (not entirely) surplus to requirements. Everyone and their dog has a phone these days and all are passable music players. For in-transit audio joy, simply put some music of your own choice onto your mobile device and you're off. At home? Well, that's what CD players or docks are for. :rave:

With radio you have to listen to tedious people talking about nonsense, oftentimes over the top of the terrible music someone has just requested. :nono:

The only time I will listen to the radio is when I want the sports. To my knowledge Grimshaw does not affect my enjoyment of sports on radio, further relegating him to a position of non-importance in this poll, from my perspective.

You're listening to the wrong radio stations then.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
It used to be through equally bad music television. Now it tends to be on referral from friends or looking for recommendations on various genre websites or just pot luck surfing through youtube.

Edit: and yes, I am quite possibly listening to the wrong radio stations. But I just don't find it appealing anymore. Better to have music I like play than be subjected to the likes of lily allen, n dubz (no, this is not a discussion on the merits or lack thereof for various musical genres) or whatever it is kids listen to these days.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It used to be through equally bad music television. Now it tends to be on referral from friends or looking for recommendations on various genre websites or just pot luck surfing through youtube.

Edit: and yes, I am quite possibly listening to the wrong radio stations. But I just don't find it appealing anymore. Better to have music I like play than be subjected to the likes of lily allen, n dubz (no, this is not a discussion on the merits or lack thereof for various musical genres) or whatever it is kids listen to these days.

Then listen to the right radio stations... :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I feel all your love on this thread and would like to thank you from the heart of my bottom if you voted for me.

Big mention for the Groovy Gang as well, you did yourselves proud :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I feel all your love on this thread and would like to thank you from the heart of my bottom if you voted for me.

Big mention for the Groovy Gang as well, you did yourselves proud :thumbsup:

It's quite a big gang isn't it ???

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Beachy and Grimshaw sail through to join Hall and Blatter in Round Two.

Group C will kick off tonight, as I probably cannot justify looking for pictures of Ian Watkins if someone looks at my PC at work.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
BBC Sussex is extremely plebeian with its very own list of CJTC's as presenters. If it wasn't for the (unintentional) comedic genius that John Lees cricket commentaries so often are and the Local Travel Reports I wouldn't listen.

Radio 1 has always been unlistenable to with a few honourable exceptions so I suppose my vote must go to this Grimshaw, whoever he is.

Whatever you say about BBC Sussex, Neil Pringle is a class act.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see Beach Hut has been out canvassing on NSC today. He should walk **** of the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here