Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC WWE Royal Rumble 2014 Sweepstake

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A rather lack lustre affair that rumble. Hated Batista winning. Would have much preffered Sheamus.

Boos for Rey made me happy though.

The boos weren't for Rey, as much as they were for reaching number 30 and no Daniel Bryan in the Rumble.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There were boos when Batista won. I think the crowd was in a booing mood.

That too. They don't want to see Batista in the headline title match at mania, they want Daniel Bryan there. It all comes back to the crowd not being happy with the creative direction of the company right now, primarily their reluctance to push Daniel Bryan, but also their reliance on old characters, the way they work to stifle anyone who gets a bit of a connection with the fans etc. If CM Punk won, they'd be happier, if Roman Reigns had won, or Dolph Ziggler, or some younger star that deserves more of a push there wouldn't have been such a reaction.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
i love having Batista and Lesner back, providing they appear everyweek, but they wont, why its a sellout, atm Bryan is a fans favourite, but is being held back.....oh well, ill still watch Raw

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That too. They don't want to see Batista in the headline title match at mania, they want Daniel Bryan there. It all comes back to the crowd not being happy with the creative direction of the company right now, primarily their reluctance to push Daniel Bryan, but also their reliance on old characters, the way they work to stifle anyone who gets a bit of a connection with the fans etc. If CM Punk won, they'd be happier, if Roman Reigns had won, or Dolph Ziggler, or some younger star that deserves more of a push there wouldn't have been such a reaction.

I think they seemed very happy to see Sheamus back. Got a great pop when he came out and they had the Brouge chant going well.

Ziggler is a total waste of talent. Could be the next best thing to a Mr Perfect type of awesomeness. Seems to be heading down Mr Perfect's path though and not getting the ultimate push.

They've let the cruiser weight and tag team aspect of the promotion go to the shit lately. Though the New Age Outlaws have been great since they came back.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've just watched it all after avoiding anywhere that could potentially spoil it for me all day (ie Facebook and Twitter)

The Bryan/Wyatt match was fantastic - completely stole the show.

As for the rumble itself I was gutted when Batista won. Would have been a brave and interesting move to have Roman Reigns win but instead they've gone for a guy who will disappear soon after Wrestlemania to do the promo work for Guardians Of The Galaxy. Still, my interest in the main event picture is limited all the while it's Orton, Cena et al so at least it keeps the boring stuff together.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If I was given the chance to power to book it all from the post-WM Raw, I'd spend the year establishing Bryan, Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins and Wyatt as main eventers. Ambrose could easily be one of the greatest heels in recent years if they give him the chance

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I just got round to watching it, I had Fandango and was eliminated by El Torito :facepalm:

I find it quite baffling that they're not capitalising on Daniel Bryans popularity, it's obvious the majority of fans want to see him in the main event at Wrestlemania and it would be a great spectacle seeing 70,000 people doing the Yes chant with him winning the title. Also hoping we get to see The Shield vs The Wyatts before the inevitable break of The Shield.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Had a fiver on Sheamus at 40-1. Annoyingly wanted it on each way. Several bookies have done 1/4 odds for final three in the past, but couldn't find anyone doing it this year and it would have come in :(

The big problem last night was the first bout was so good and had so much heat that everything that came after, including the Rumble itself, just felt like an anti-climax :(

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Always one of these vids appears after a result a lot dont like.

[video]http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhgF414Oo2i6fM73 96[/video]

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Had a fiver on Sheamus at 40-1. Annoyingly wanted it on each way. Several bookies have done 1/4 odds for final three in the past, but couldn't find anyone doing it this year and it would have come in :(

The big problem last night was the first bout was so good and had so much heat that everything that came after, including the Rumble itself, just felt like an anti-climax :(

He should have won it. Guys a great talent and the crowds love him.

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
uWrtgYi.gif

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Do bookies seriously take bets on a scripted sport or am I missing a trick here!?

It seems they do. But I think its more of a numbers game, as they will be taking bets on many wrestlers and they would not take to large a bet on any single wrestler. Bookies will take bets on pretty much anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here