Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
14470 posts
13799 thumbs up
95% ratio

Happy with that as I only have 3 jokes and one of those I nicked from [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]

Jan 30, 2008
Shame about the thumbs down, normally a reaction to something true that some people didn't want to see is normally the case on here, thumbs up and massage my ego
Regards
DF

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Often I get thumbs up for some good news I've found about the Albion, rather than the fact that it's me that's posted it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You need to turn it into a percentage of the number of posts you have made which gives a better indicator of how well received your posts are, which in your case is just above 40%.

Also known as your xT ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Is there any way to give thumbs up when using NSC on the Tapatalk app?

Most of my NSC time is via Tapatalk, and I’d quite happily thumbs up lots of posts, but can’t see how to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Every thumbs up received releases a little hit of dopamine, which is why social media can be addictive. Of course some people are bigger thumb fiends than others.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m sitting around 60%, just scraping into the 2.1. bracket, something I hope we can do more of, starting against the hammers.

I rather like that one, if I could jolly well thumb myself I would.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What has been the most liked point you’ve made?

Does anyone know, what’s been the most liked comment of all time of all on NSC?

How do you feel when you get thumbs up? Does it give you some sense of validation of your opinions? Or do you prefer being disagreed with? Are you bothered by the origin of the thumbs up?

From memory, I got quite a lot for a comment I made about pedestrianising Brighton City centre, which probably says something about my the worth of my opinions on football.

Totally ambivalent.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Hmmm, 40% seems low, when were the thumbs introduced, need more accuracy!

You're actually doing quite well on this thread alone as your thumbs up ratio is 150%. However be careful if you respond to this as you run the risk of reducing that percentage if you fail to get a thumbs up so try and make it a good one before pressing the "submit reply" button.

D

Deleted member 2719

I see thumbs up as just vanity, getting people engaged in conversation is sanity.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
20,225 posts
17,180 thumbs received
85%

Mind you, I have given 53,314 thumbs :facepalm:
As [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] would say: 'licker'. :lolol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I see thumbs up as just vanity, getting people engaged in conversation is sanity.

That notification you get saying someone has replied provides that same sweet dopamine release. And I wouldn't say getting a reply is a sign of sanity; it's also the way trolls get their hit.

D

Deleted member 2719

That notification you get saying someone has replied provides that same sweet dopamine release. And I wouldn't say getting a reply is a sign of sanity; it's also the way trolls get their hit.

I suppose so, but I come on NSC for debate, fun, The Albion, not for the endless blowing of smoke up someone's rectum.

That's more HWT style. :drama:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here