Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Summer 6's. 2008. 20th July Preston Park

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
little:eek:

i can hardly move today, and i was in goal!

To be fair, given that the likes of myself reached walking pace within about 2 minutes off kicking off, you probably did an equal amount of exerciise, especially when you take into account the ONSLAUGHT at the Croc goal...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I am still lost for words as to just how bad we were :nono:

yet should have drawn with the runners up - the only team that DESTROYED us were the eventual winners, and we only lost so badly because our warm up involved an IMAGINARY ball - half of our team hadn't kicked a real ball for months

two players who were crocked as well, i think it bodes well for the future and our bid to win the 2012 competition to celebrate the olympics coming to our fine island. especially if our new FITNESS regime takes off, which i began in style last night by demolishing a medium papa johns pizza AND a box of garlic cheese sticks

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
i think it bodes well for the future and our bid to win the 2012 competition to celebrate the olympics coming to our fine island. especially if our new FITNESS regime takes off, which i began in style last night by demolishing a medium papa johns pizza AND a box of garlic cheese sticks

I still think early retirement is our best hope of future success....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i think working on BASICS, like roll ins is our best hope of future success :jester:

Now THAT was funny! What chance have you got kicking it, if you can't even control the direction when you're ROLLING it?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Now THAT was funny! What chance have you got kicking it, if you can't even control the direction when you're ROLLING it?

:lolol:

the first one was GENIUS to make the ground up, the second one was rather good in that he managed to SPIN it out of play, and the third one was just FLAIR to roll it back to the keeper who wasn't even paying attention

mark potter - king of the roll in :bowdown:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
:lolol:

the first one was GENIUS to make the ground up, the second one was rather good in that he managed to SPIN it out of play, and the third one was just FLAIR to roll it back to the keeper who wasn't even paying attention

mark potter - king of the roll in :bowdown:

Hold on, hold on, hold on!

1) There was nothing wrong with the first delivery, other than Paul Camillin deciding to intercept it before it had come on the pitch!

2) Ok, so i spooned that one a bit. Well, a lot. But technically, as the ball never came on to the field of play, we should have been awarded another re-take. DISGUSTING refereeing!

3) I'm not convinced you didn't want to make me look even more of a joker, as you stood and watched the ball go off for a corner!

Shambles!

We want Kick-ins, we want kick-ins, we want kick-ins......:clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
3) I'm not convinced you didn't want to make me look even more of a joker, as you stood and watched the ball go off for a corner!

oh have a day off - you ANNOUNCED to me your intentions AFTER rolling the ball. bearing in mind it was the last game and the obvious chronic lack of fitness in the team, i would have thought it would be GLARINGLY obvious that more notice than that was needed :jester:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Having witnessed the crocs at close quarters, whilst refereeing their only win, I have to say that they are actually NOT rubbish, just a LITTLE out of shape. There's definitely SOME ability there, but also a little evidence of a SCANT regard to healthy lifestyle choices and physical conditioning....

Think the sums us up pretty well to be honest, Though I would probably change SCANT to NO!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
TBH Tim, I don't know what went on with NSC yesterday in their first match. They had a decent squad, and the three young lads were good players.

I've no idea how they managed to lose their first game 6-0 to BHA then play so well against you and us, because in all honesty there was nothing to choose between the three of us.

In our remaining games we had two at the back with the whippets up front and it worked a treat. In the first game the formation was wrong and had whippets at the back. :D

Our timewasting against the Exiles was classic. :D

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Thanks to Jimmy for the cinema tickets (won by Rowdey) that I somewho misplaced in my hungover state at the park.

NP Brett, glad i could help, congrats on your win, sorry i couldn't stay to watch, had to shoot back to work.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
NP Brett, glad i could help, congrats on your win, sorry i couldn't stay to watch, had to shoot back to work.

I had the tickets, was going to give them to Simon, then I helped put up the gazeebo thing, and i couldnt remember where i put them, hence the frantic texts asking for another 2

I guess thats what I get turning up that hungover :)

the tickets will be making there way to Rowdey towers tonight via the wonders that is Royal Mail (so maybe you will be getting another request soon :D)

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
In our remaining games we had two at the back with the whippets up front and it worked a treat. In the first game the formation was wrong and had whippets at the back. :D

Only we would have thrashed you in the last game if we could hit a cows ass with a banjo!!!:thumbsup::wave::whistle:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

its a shame we didnt get it sorted for the first game, but we had a great day, and next year we will be dark horses for the cup

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Thanks again to all involved in organising it, I had a great day but I am suffering now, I can hardly walk and everytime I smile, talk, move any part of my face the sunburn cripples me!

Still, it was worth it for the WINNERS medal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here