NSC Summer 6's. 2008. 20th July Preston Park

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mendoza/Richie, for all your bollocks about flair in the build up it was a bit of a surprise to see you play a SWEEPER! In a six a side game!!

Not just any sweeper though, the best god damn sweeper you've ever seen.

(me)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
TBH Tim, I don't know what went on with NSC yesterday in their first match. They had a decent squad, and the three young lads were good players.

What went on was that half of the team didn't turn up until about 5 mins before kick-off and so we had no chance to warm up or work out tactics properly.

(Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And I agree with Tim, that BERMUDA SHORTS and ODD SOCKS aside, Sporting were the very epitome of ANTI-FLAIR, in their self-confessed 'Peter Taylor' approach.

They only conceded 3 goals in 6 matches though, so fair play to them...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What went on was that half of the team didn't turn up until about 5 mins before kick-off and so we had no chance to warm up or work out tactics properly.

(Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

Shambles. Cost you a semi-final spot. Buck always stops with the manager.

Frutos OUT :angry:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And I agree with Tim, that BERMUDA SHORTS and ODD SOCKS aside, Sporting were the very epitome of ANTI-FLAIR, in their self-confessed 'Peter Taylor' approach.

They only conceded 3 goals in 6 matches though, so fair play to them...

We only had one attacking player. Catenaccio was the way to success.

One upfront. One FLAIR sweeper. Free-flowing counter-attack and man marking the other team's best player (when they had one).

Lets COUNT the MEDALS shall we?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We only had one attacking player. Catenaccio was the way to success.

One upfront. One FLAIR sweeper. Free-flowing counter-attack and man marking the other team's best player (when they had one).

Bear with me, I'm noting all this down....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Having witnessed the crocs at close quarters, whilst refereeing their only win, I have to say that they are actually NOT rubbish, just a LITTLE out of shape. There's definitely SOME ability there, but also a little evidence of a SCANT regard to healthy lifestyle choices and physical conditioning....

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Just thought I'd share this. Before the NSC vs Exiles game, Simon told me that they would be 'taking it easy' on NSC as it wouldn't be fair if both the Exiles and Crowhurst 'stuck 15 past them'.

Turkey also wanted us to take it easy, for different reasons I think though so we would save our energy for the games after the apparent thrashing we were about to take

Obviously we did take it easy :dunce:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Having witnessed the crocs at close quarters, whilst refereeing their only win, I have to say that they are actually NOT rubbish, just a LITTLE out of shape. There's definitely SOME ability there, but also a little evidence of a SCANT regard to healthy lifestyle choices and physical conditioning....

little:eek:

i can hardly move today, and i was in goal!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
little:eek:

i can hardly move today, and i was in goal!

In right with you on that - I ACHE big-time.

The ground is pretty hard to be throwing yourself about on all day, as us keepers in teams with such DISINTEREST in DEFENDING are prone to have to do.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports