Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Summer 6's. 2008. 20th July Preston Park

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well done to Simon for organising a great tournament which was played in good spirit. Very enjoyable even if we did bow out (gracefully) in the group stages. Congrats to the winners, who were worthy champs! Well done.

Most welcome, mate. See you again next time.

Well done to those involved in the organisation. It was a good day of football.

Next year someone ought to bring instructions for assembling the goals!

Was that one goal much trickier than the other three? It took SIX crocs the same time to assemble that one, as it took me and my Dad to do all the others :lol:
[Thanks for helping, though :thumbsup: ]

My face wouldn't look out of place on Captain Scarlet's jacket....

I'm right with you on that. Except I had sunnies on most of the day, so I look absolutely RIDICULOUS this morning!

Sounds like I missed a cracking day, bastard neck !!!

Can anyone tell me how the mighty Exiles got on, despite my absence ?

Thanks

We lost to NSC, as I believe has been mentioned once or twice, beat Orange [Brazil of Brighton], lost just 2-1 to Crowhurst, and drew 1-1 with group winners BHA Supporters. Poor first game SCUPPERED us.

If Turkey had been less intent on getting water and more intent on watching the ball they would have drawn with Crowhurst.

Turkey's antics in that game were the highlight of the day. Twice he was stood still quaffing his 7-up when the winger was storming down the wing past him. Both times he casually threw his bottle directly into the guy's path, before trundling off back towards goal :thumbsup:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Was a great Day, my body is suffering a lot this morning - anyway I think this was how the prizes went

Winners - Sporting Bad Hair Cuts
Runners Up - Team Get Your Rat Out

Top Scorers - Buss (BHA Supporters) / Mendoza (Sporting BH) - 5 Goals
Best Keeper - Kelly (Sporting BH)

Raffle Prizes
Signed Brighton Shirt - Da Man Clay
Signed Virgo Shirt - ??
Cinema Tickets - Rowdey
New Home Shirt - Soul Finger
Watersports Lessons Voucher - Frutos?

Champ of the Day - Simon (HKFC) for Organising it
Chumps of the Day - Team GYRO for unsporting behaviour vs Warriors
Performance of the Day - NSC Select for a glorious 2-1 over Exiles
Chokers of the Day - Exiles
Goal of the Day - Agents Orange - Long range free kick in top corner vs ExilesFlair of the Day - Witham - Snug Yellow Shirt, White Head Band
Hero of the Day - Lush for tournament management and raffle ticket folding expertise

Would that be the thunderbolt from 20 yards out by a 46 year old that beat simon:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can I make a suggestion for next year please? The top keeper award doesn't seem right to me. I don't want to take anything away from Rob as he played well, and saved a pen in the semis to take them through, but often the lack of goals conceded is as much about the team on the pitch as well as the keeper.

I know that we conceded a lot of goals but I think without Barrel Of Fun between the sticks we'd have conceded 3 or 4 times as many!!

You can make a suggestion, yes. I'll ignore it though :thumbsup:
It has to be done statistically. Anything subjective is an absolute BINFEST waiting to happen. For what its worth BoF did pull off some cracking saves, though I feltoverall his performance on the day was a mixed one much like my own, where there were one or two moments, that like myself he'd rather forget!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Goledn Boot award, being presented to Malc 'beefy' Buss, of BHS S FC..

Edit; GOLDEN boot even :dunce:

Attachments

• DSCF2075.JPG
    DSCF2075.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 90

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Top Keeper, Rob Kelly, of Sporting BH...

Attachments

• DSCF2076.JPG
    DSCF2076.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 88

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Runners-up, Team G.Y.R.O.

Attachments

• DSCF2077.JPG
    DSCF2077.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 94

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
WINNERS medals to Sporting BH...

Note the TEARS from Brett, as the shear EMOTION gets too much for him....

Attachments

• DSCF2080.JPG
    DSCF2080.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 96

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You're being very AGEIST Mr Eye. Are you suggesting that 46 year olds can't KICK? It would be like suggestiong that BALD men can't run.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was emotionally drained and the emotion of seeing Dave becoming a winner just got to me and i started blubbering

and to think the week before he was doing this in Philidelphia, USA

thumbnail.php

I'm sure the joy of yesterday, knocked that singing nonsense into a COCKED HAT, though!

You really are quite the CELEBRITY squad, what with the JOURNOS, POP STAR and MEDIA WHORE :thumbsup:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Thanks again Simon. Top day.

Sadly we didn't retain the cup but I'm sure we'll be back next year to reclaim it. Most teams had improved greatly on last year.

Mendoza/Richie, for all your bollocks about flair in the build up it was a bit of a surprise to see you play a SWEEPER! In a six a side game!!

Just thought I'd share this. Before the NSC vs Exiles game, Simon told me that they would be 'taking it easy' on NSC as it wouldn't be fair if both the Exiles and Crowhurst 'stuck 15 past them'.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just thought I'd share this. Before the NSC vs Exiles game, Simon told me that they would be 'taking it easy' on NSC as it wouldn't be fair if both the Exiles and Crowhurst 'stuck 15 past them'.

Ah, so you guys were 'taking it easy' on us as well by waiting for the last kick to scrape a win, were you? :p

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
TBH Tim, I don't know what went on with NSC yesterday in their first match. They had a decent squad, and the three young lads were good players.

I've no idea how they managed to lose their first game 6-0 to BHA then play so well against you and us, because in all honesty there was nothing to choose between the three of us.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
And we did :thumbsup:

:jester:

After watching them against BHASC I said I can't believe how many were going to beat them by!!:lolol:

I don't think anyone realised they had some of the best players there sitting on the bench for the first game in Conboy, a lad we named Solano, and the player of the tournament in Snoobs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here