Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Summer 6's. 2008. 20th July Preston Park

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Cheers everyone, for turning out, and making it another good day. Thanks most of all to Kay, for making my day easy. Her top efforts meant I could actually enjoy the playing bit.

Thanks to everyone who helped put up, and take down the goals, and for volunteering to ref,

The weather was kind once more, and as is now tradition, I took no sensible action like sunblock or a hat, and am now bright red.

The standard was very good this year. Just about every team had improved since last time. Sporting desrved to win it -fair play to them. Congrats also to their keeper Rob, for winning the top keeper, conceding just 3 in 6 matches, and to Malolm Buss of BHA for the golden boot.

The handbags between GYRO and Warriors was a one off. It was the only real flashpoint in the whole day, and should all be forgotten now.

I have totalled the cash exactly yet, but roughly we made £600. Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

Simon

Brillant day all round. My dog enjoyed the VERY long walk, from our house to Preston Park and back. Sorry for my dog, going OTT at whoever, he thought was dinner.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My congratulations and thanks go to Simon once more for a tremendous day. Just a shame the crocs disgrace themselves really. Still, in that group of death a big name was always going to crash out early.

We should have played you at the end, in a 'disgrace-off'!

Jimmy Grimble

Talking about me? Would you have passed the ball if you were one-on-one with the keeper? ???

I'm not sure about you mate, but if I'm one on one with the opposition keeper, my teamate keeper is free with a virtual open goal to score, and scoring said goal would make him the only keeper to have scored a goal while playing in goal after running the length of the pitch beating two players on the way, then I would pass the ball to him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The actual, profit, which will be handed to the REMF, is £625.10. Well done people. Nice one.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'm not sure about you mate, but if I'm one on one with the opposition keeper, my teamate keeper is free with a virtual open goal to score, and scoring said goal would make him the only keeper to have scored a goal while playing in goal after running the length of the pitch beating two players on the way, then I would pass the ball to him.

1. There was no advantage to passing to you considering we were in the same positions.

2. With about a minute left with us winning in a meaningless game I fancied a crack on goal after passing many times previously when I could have gone for goal had I been a greedy player. Nothing wrong with that.

3. Its only a game. Chill. I can't believe we're talking about something so pathetic!

Jimmy Grimble

1. There was no advantage to passing to you considering we were in the same positions.

2. With about a minute left with us winning in a meaningless game I fancied a crack on goal after passing many times previously when I could have gone for goal had I been a greedy player. Nothing wrong with that.

3. Its only a game. Chill. I can't believe we're talking about something so pathetic!

I am chilled :D I made a joking comment and you made a point of questioning me about it. Never mind aye, guess you just made the wrong decision at the time ;)

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Awright..!

Well i tried to hold back hell, i just have to respond..

Great fun, only downside was refing one of the other games! I'm hungover and here to play footy for my team. Not really interested in sorting out bloody wwf wrestling and i aint paid to be a ref so you can f**k off if you think I got decision wrong! Still, I think I did ok in that and when playing.

Thats a bit of a cop out actually- Hangover or not, your the ref, you make the decisions. At half time you were heard to say i can't be bothered - Why did you take it on then? It's an important position, with some big calls, you should of got someone else in then surely???

I pulled you up on the six yard rule and the roll in rule, and just shrugged your shoulders..

The warriors were a complete discrase, well the bloke who starting swinging punches most of them seemed like nice people just a complete over reaction and then they went on to whinge for the rest of the game, they still scored a bloody good goal though.

turkey we wasnt having a go at you, we could totally see you didnt fancy getting involved, but that bloke was a complete tool and also the bloke in the karki shorts.

I think my half time bollocking calmed things down and inspired g.y.r.o to a just victory ;)

Well..

So you've acceped the punch wasn't a punch, and was actually a bitch slap or two now then?

I'll say now that i cannot condone any player raising their arms - your right, it's a charity day, and should be played in good spirits only.

It's the ref's call on what he see's and the suitable punishment for it.
He decided not to remove the player or stop the game so despite my above comments to him, in his opinion it wasn't all that. And i'm grateful, but just to keep order on our side, i removed the player immediatley from the field of play.

never realised that its ok for fat old men to go around "slapping people"

Actually there's was only two us who are technically overweight - Shame you didn't say that to me or the other fat bloke face to face when you shook our hands after the game. Cocky little **** behind a keyboard aren't we.

FWIW most people had you lot down as the biggest fucktards there.
The man KSA speaks the truth, with others in this thread, and other observers too. :thumbsup:

And why would that be? because we didnt know anyone else!?

We don't know anyone china; what a ridiculous comment - you've tucked yourself up there a treat.

Not at all. A lot of them didn't know anyone else. It was mainly because of the bitching, moaning and handbags aggression shown by your team towards the opposition and the refs. As you have pointed out, it was a charity tournament, not the world cup.

KSA speaks again (and i don't know him either..)

Throughout the game, your team barged about, arms and elbows flailing in the air, and like little kids contantly cried foul whenever you didn't get your own way.

Now we ain't the most gifted side, but we'll mix it happily and fairly when needed (no other teams had a problem with us?) and thats when your bunch of shovers and whingers threw the toys out - In particular the chubby one who done his hamstring in. It escalated pretty quickly, but it takes two to tango.

Aggression? i dont accept that at all! not quite sure how when one of our players got hit in the face twice and we all took a step back and tried to calm the situation can be seen as aggression!

See above, your picky niggling team didn't stop and didn't step back or clearly nothing would have happened further, and it did.

Moaning, yep but no more than everyone else, nothing wrong with a bit of moaning, it gets bloody frustrating if you feel decsions arnt going your way, you try your best not to but it happens.

Im sure if we was that bad someone would of had a word.

I did, and the ref wasn't interested.

As pointed out above I wasn't even part of that embarrassment!

Exactly..

Anyways, it's all over now, i've said my bit, and happy to have won some cinema tix.

Big thanks to all the organisers and other teams (yes..inc YOU) for a grand day out.

Also, Adam Virgo, signed my nippers Skint top - top geezer :thumbsup:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Thats a bit of a cop out actually- Hangover or not, your the ref, you make the decisions. At half time you were heard to say i can't be bothered - Why did you take it on then? It's an important position, with some big calls, you should of got someone else in then surely???

I pulled you up on the six yard rule and the roll in rule, and just shrugged your shoulders..

Damn right - I couldn't give a f**k. I'm out to have a laugh and play some footy. In every game we'd played the ref had just stood off the pitch on the half way line and had nothing to do so when our team had to put someone forward I thought fine, someone has to do it, I dont mind helping out for the tourni.

I aint getting payed for anything. I haven't gone out to get abuse. I've gone out to kick a ball about. If its such an important position get someone proper in. I dont know the bloody one off rules for this event, of course I'll shrug my shulders. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but f*** it, I tried, I watched the game, I ran about, I called it as best I could.

Whoever said get a f**cking grip of the game ref can f**k right off. Get a grip of your players and f**king chill out.

Our Group was brilliant. No agro, no flying in tackles with studs up, no elbows flying. It's really not that hard to have a fun kick about.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The rules are pretty clearly defined in the program, not just about the 6 yard rule and the roll-ins, but also about captains being responsible for their teams' behavior, and showing respect for the volunteer refs at all times.

Can I declare handbag-gate over, here and now. Thanks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here