Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC State of the Nation: Who on here receives some sort of State benefit?

Do you receive some sort of State benefit?

• Yes

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 52 65.0%

• Total voters

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
If you count it as a benefit and not a right: Old age pension. I believe that most if not all the benefits noted on previous postings are a right.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I refer you to the answer I gave in my previous posting.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I refer you to the answer I gave in my previous posting.

I'm not referring to pensions paid to individuals but the tax relief that you get whilst you're working and building up your pension pot. If you contribute to a company scheme, your employer deducts your pension contributions before deducting income tax so in effect you are not paying tax on that income. If you have personal pension plan, you have already paid tax on the income but the provider of the plan will claim back tax and add it to the pot.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Free Presciptions, but there again so does EVERYONE! who lives in Wales, (and I don't agree with it but hey ho!) personally I think it will stop or at least be means tested or something like that, it was only the idiots in the welsh assembly trying to make themselves look good, that it started in the first place.

Apart from that bugger all else.

I totally agree with the above about companies like Tescos paying minimum wage forcing people to claim etc, it's just so wrong that these companies / employers get away with paying the minimum wage in many cases, still it's very much an employers world out there now and it will be for many years to come.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Free Presciptions, but there again so does EVERYONE! who lives in Wales, (and I don't agree with it but hey ho!) personally I think it will stop or at least be means tested or something like that, it was only the idiots in the welsh assembly trying to make themselves look good, that it started in the first place.

Disagree - the ability to pay shouldn't be an issue when it comes to someone's health. Prescriptions should be free to everyone.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Nothing for me but I pay a shit load of tax and NI to subsidise poor employers who pay peanuts and expect the state to make it up to a living wage.How the f*** can scum like Tesco get away with paying minimum wage and get staff to apply for stuff like working tax credit? If they(and the rest of the corporate tax dodging scum) paid a decent rate out of their £3.5 BILLION profits us PAYE suckers could have a tax cut.

Seem to remember your one of the no-marks who always squeal how good mass immigration is, now your moaning about cheap labour and minimum wage. Thats what its all about short stuff, about time you woke up. You cant have it both ways.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Seem to remember your one of the no-marks who always squeal how good mass immigration is, now your moaning about cheap labour and minimum wage. Thats what its all about short stuff, about time you woke up. You cant have it both ways.

Actually,as in all things sock puppet you are wrong,I have no memory of EVER posting anything on ANY message board about ANY opinion on mass immigration but carry on you prat.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
None now as bailed out of Child Benefit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nothing for me but I pay a shit load of tax and NI to subsidise poor employers who pay peanuts and expect the state to make it up to a living wage.How the f*** can scum like Tesco get away with paying minimum wage and get staff to apply for stuff like working tax credit? If they(and the rest of the corporate tax dodging scum) paid a decent rate out of their £3.5 BILLION profits us PAYE suckers could have a tax cut.

This. And my taxes could serve other things.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Won't be getting a penny once the child benefit changes kick in but even though my wife doesn't work and my income is the family income you won't catch me bleating. I don't need it and there are people surviving on food banks at the moment.

Same as this , but I will moan as there are couples who both work bringing nearly twice as much into their homes with same amount of kids and still able to claim it. System is wrong they should be stopped as well

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
These shit employers hand out leaflets at interviews stating how benefits can be claimed to boost earnings,they are only interested in offering part time jobs for peanuts but the guy who runs the grocery section is looking at £100,000 for touting overpriced low quality fruit and veg and the store boss is on £200,000-£250,000.All "performance related" performance being shafting both staff and customer.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Carer's Allowance

55 quid a week which in rough terms saves the state a grand for day care and more than double that for 24 hour support.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
These shit employers hand out leaflets at interviews stating how benefits can be claimed to boost earnings,they are only interested in offering part time jobs for peanuts but the guy who runs the grocery section is looking at £100,000 for touting overpriced low quality fruit and veg and the store boss is on £200,000-£250,000.All "performance related" performance being shafting both staff and customer.

Which stores pay those salaries then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here