Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Sponsorship Meal

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Germany, Italy & England. Was a fine night.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Ali and The Pursuit of Happyness.

I sense I've become the Alan Davies to your Stephen Fry, though without the sexual tension. Yet.

Correct.

I was thinking myself as Paxman-esque. Incorporating the quizzical look. Anyway the rest of the questions were a bit rubbish (like which computer game featured Lara Croft) - so I will leave you with a final question. Each question was asked after Richie Reynolds spoke to a member of the playing/management team. Which Albion person prompted the three questions I asked ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Correct.

I was thinking myself as Paxman-esque. Incorporating the quizzical look. Anyway the rest of the questions were a bit rubbish (like which computer game featured Lara Croft) - so I will leave you with a final question. Each question was asked after Richie Reynolds spoke to a member of the playing/management team. Which Albion person prompted the three questions I asked ?

Matt Upson.

Well done on winning the quiz. Our table along with Bridders and Kaz won it last year. Was Kaz, ( how shall I say ) as resourceful at getting the answers as he did last year?

Indeed we did last year. I seem to remember on the round regarding guessing the player descriptions, as soon as Richie Reynolds mentioned the word "Nandos" the entire room started laughing and turned to look at Kaz!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Indeed we did last year. I seem to remember on the round regarding guessing the player descriptions, as soon as Richie Reynolds mentioned the word "Nandos" the entire room started laughing and turned to look at Kaz!

Indeed. I also seem to remember that when there was a question we were unsure of, Kaz would go and introduce himself at another table and peek at the answer.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Correct.

Paxman-esque by choice? That's not a good thing, the man's a tool!

Anyway, on with the decimation of my points tally;

Q1 - Orlandi
Q2 - Calde
Q3 - Jones

Buzz away!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Paxman-esque by choice? That's not a good thing, the man's a tool!

Anyway, on with the decimation of my points tally;

Q1 - Orlandi
Q2 - Calde
Q3 - Jones

Buzz away!

Bzzz. Minus 5 points for dissing the Paxman.

Q1. Answer. Upson. As answered by Thunder Bolt (last English player to score in a World Cup Final).
Q2. Answer. Orlandi (even though as pointed out he is Italian).
Q3. Answer. OSCAR Garcia.

Well, join us next year for the Sponsorship Meal quiz. It is Goodbye from me, and it's goodbye from him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Super night and thanks to the nscers on our table for great company. Kaz and Jake were spot on. Special thanks to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - top man for sorting that. Also to Lewis Dunk for kindly giving me his away shirt :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here