Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Skiers – 100 best ski runs - how many can you tick off ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Will be going to Whistler and Blackcomb in March – they have about 6 runs on this list. Looking forward to it as the skiing conditions in the North East USA are absolute shit at the minute. Liked Alta as they prohibit snowboards.

:lol: You deserve negative rep for such a nobby comment.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Tamara Hinson has more money than I have, although I appear to have done most of the European runs apart from Scotland. Like football matches they all blur into something similar after so many years. A lot of these runs are ruined by Snowboards and are not what they used to be, after 50 years of green, blue red and Black.
Meribel is my favourite resort, my best run, after a cup of tea with the ski patrol guys in their hut at the top of Mont Vallon, was skiing down as the sun went down.

:ffsparr:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
attachment.php
1975 Mayrhofen.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
skills -set are different - the main hurdle is that most skiiers don't want to be a beginner again and only do a days boarding - and write it off

2 weeks of novice effort required to board

Embarressingly, that's me ! I tried it for a day, hated the pain of falling on my backside ( it felt like when a little git pulls your chair away at school ) and though sod this, I'll return to ski-ing.

I'm told that if you can do neither then boarding is easier to pick up ?

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Well only been skiing once and did number 99 in St Anton, great fun, fell over about 10 times but loved every minute of it. Life and a non-skiing partner have prevented me ever going back.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Done quite a few of the French runs, my favorite being The Swiss Wall in Avoriaz, dropping in amongst the expert only signs at the top and not being able to see what you'll land on, fantastic.
Moguls as big as cars and very very very steep, not for the feint hearted !

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
5 for me, 91 the Back Corries in Scotland, 60 L'aigle Noir and 57 Grand Paradis in Avoriaz, 33 Cosmiquies Couloir in Chamonix. But the best one was no 62, the Swiss Wall, 2 minutes of pure adrenalin, the biggest moguls I have ever seen and about 87 degrees. Immense feeling when you get to the bottom.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I been skiing since I was a kid, and skiing the wall gave me the best burn in my legs ever :lolol:

there used to be a chair lift that took you down!! a lot of people looked over the edge and thought F**k that and went down the chair lift!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here