Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Quiz- Summer Championships

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I might be wrong, but the table says i scored 11 in the QF but the results I scored 12?

EDIT: I've re-inserted the updated table in the original post.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Think I scored 11 in QF, you've put me down for 10? (although I misread season for year in Q5, as you normally just say which year).

No, the table is correct, you got 10.

Q1, you had Everton. You did say 'got to be them or Villa' but Everton was taken as the answer.
Q3, you had Oxford
Q11, you had 2005
Q13, you had 54
Q14, you had Bournemouth

The last person I would want to UPSET is you.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No, the table is correct, you got 10.

Q1, you had Everton. You did say 'got to be them or Villa' but Everton was taken as the answer.
Q3, you had Oxford
Q11, you had 2005
Q13, you had 54
Q14, you had Bournemouth

The last person I would want to UPSET is you.

Sorry, you are correct - confused by the two Lutons!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I like the fact that despite the proliferation of minnows, we've ended up with three realistic teams in the Euro finals - Italy v Belgium and Netherlands v Moldova. Moldova obviously the massive outsiders, who have gamefully fought their way to the semis with the help of an easy draw and a lot of good fortune.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I like the fact that despite the proliferation of minnows, we've ended up with three realistic teams in the Euro finals - Italy v Belgium and Netherlands v Moldova. Moldova obviously the massive outsiders, who have gamefully fought their way to the semis with the help of an easy draw and a lot of good fortune.

Having parked both the elite [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] & [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] (ranked 1 & 4 in manager's Merit League) in round two, I wouldn't plan on visiting Chișinău any time soon after BESMIRCHING Moldova's reputation.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Bloody hell I am STOKED to have made the semi finals. Unfortunately I'm up against the might of [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]. I faced off against him in the second group stage, got 4 out of five questions right in both match ups and still only came away with a solitary point. It's going to be a tough one.:eek:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Penultimate round. Well done everyone who has stayed on. You have answered 90 questions so far.

Semi Finals/Merit League

1 Gibraltar played their first international in which year ? (between 2010 & 2018)
2 Gibraltar's biggest defeat was 9-0 in 2017 against which top five ranked Euro nation ?
3 Who did Ireland defeat in their first ever Euro finals match in 1988 ?
4 Who was Albion manager when they won promotion from Division 3 in 1988 ?
5 In which year were Aston Villa last champions of England ?
6 Play-offs were first contested in England during the May of which year ? (between 1985 & 1995)
7 Who did Spain beat in the final of Euro 2008 ?
8 Which Chelsea player scored Brazil's goal in their 7-1 defeat to Germany in 2014 ?
9 Who is currently third in the Championship ?
10 Who is currently 13th in the Premier League ?
11 In 2001, which Midlands city put forward serious plans to host the new national stadium instead of Wembley ?
12 The teams currently third and fourth in League 2 come from the same county. Name it.
13 Who are Scotland due to play in their Euro 2021 play-off semi-final ?
14 Who is currently the Premier League's top scorer ?
15 How many league goals does Neal Maupay have this season ?
TB How many goals did England score during Euro 2020 qualifying ? (Nearest answer wins)

Answers by the end of Monday, please, please.
[MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]* [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=34524]Frankie[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] [MENTION=3913]blue'n'white[/MENTION] [MENTION=36229]GREASED WEASEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION] [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION] [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]*

Merit league.JPG

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Unashamed reminder to folk as responses were a little low today 9/26. There's normally a late flurry after the second gee-up but as everyone is in HOLIDAY mode and planning trips to places like Durham I thought I'd put a second call out tonight.

Problem is that when two or three days are allowed for answers it actually makes them harder to get back !

So answers aren't late, it's just a gentle reminder to not forget before close of play tomorrow.

Funniest answer of the round so far:

Who is currently 13th in the Premier League ? Sheffield Wednesday.

[MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]*

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Unashamed reminder to folk as responses were a little low today 9/26. There's normally a late flurry after the second gee-up but as everyone is in HOLIDAY mode and planning trips to places like Durham I thought I'd put a second call out tonight.

Problem is that when two or three days are allowed for answers it actually makes them harder to get back !

So answers aren't late, it's just a gentle reminder to not forget before close of play tomorrow.

[MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION]* [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION] [MENTION=2928]PILTDOWN MAN[/MENTION] [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=21502]Razzoo[/MENTION] [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION] [MENTION=14114]Lincolnshire Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]* [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION]* [MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION] [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION]*

Well they are massive

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Done mine....some of those were STINKERS. A few I was lucky to have read up on recently but others were STINKERS.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Early semi-final result is in. Down to the wire as usual..

SF.JPG
[MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]

Currently joint top in the Merit League continues to fight on for an almost certain Premier League place if and when.

[MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]

Meets Grombleton or Badger in the final.

8 sets of answers to come.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Early semi-final result is in. Down to the wire as usual..

View attachment 124066
[MENTION=286]Garry Nelson's Left Foot[/MENTION]

Currently joint top in the Merit League continues to fight on for an almost certain Premier League place if and when.

[MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION]

Meets Grombleton or Badger in the final.

8 sets of answers to come.

Ach, so close and yet so far!

I hate losing semi finals, worse part of the competition to lose. Well done [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION], good luck in the final.

Thanks for doing this BL, it's been a tremendous competition and a lot of fun.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ach, so close and yet so far!

I hate losing semi finals, worse part of the competition to lose. Well done [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION], good luck in the final.

Thanks for doing this BL, it's been a tremendous competition and a lot of fun.

Well played, you are still on for a top five merit finish.

These to come before we move to the final stage:
[MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=13022]Brighton4Cambridge3[/MENTION]* [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION]* [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION] [MENTION=21200]I remember the good times[/MENTION] [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION]

As soon as you see it you can folks.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Answers in!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
SF.JPG

Congratulations to [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] & [MENTION=2854]John Boy[/MENTION] on reaching the final.

Hard luck for [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] in the second semi final.

Still awaiting three sets of results before the Merit League is published but it's close for automatic offered Premier League places in the future league.

Hopefully the three remaining sets players will send their answers in and the last set of questions can be published at some stage tomorrow.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Does this mean there is an all-Benelux final that doesn't feature Luxembourg?!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Does this mean there is an all-Benelux final that doesn't feature Luxembourg?!

Unfortunately only two countries can contest the final. And as Luxembourg performed as expected they weren't one of them.

However, the committee did feel that Luxembourg were worthy of their place in the Whingers Final. It may be a slightly one sided affair as they have won all their matches so far by MASSIVE margins.

:tantrum::tantrum:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here