Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC PUB LUNCH expertise required.

Jul 7, 2003
The Cock - Ringmer

Horns Lodge - Chailey

but the winner is Queen Victoria - Rottingdean

Haven't been back to the Horns Lodge since my mate's beer battered fish was cut into to find they managed to batter the cling film that the fish had been stored in!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Some hopes, they might take the trade away from the bars down there , and subsequently certain councillors pockets.

You going to back that up with facts, or just carry on making potentially libellous suggestions?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The Bull in Ditchling does rather nice food.

I'd say that falls foul of
-that does really tasty pub food
-and lovely beer
-that isn't too expensive
-or rerstauranty

And while it is in the country it has all the charm of 'Country-style-theme pub' in North London.

I'd say
Half Moon- Plumpton
Cricketers - Berwick

And the Juggs is decent

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You going to back that up with facts, or just carry on making potentially libellous suggestions?

How is that in any way libellous? The facts are One of the main objectors to Wetherspoons taking over The Priory is both a town councillor and part owner of a bar on The Broadway, who lives or lived opposite The Priory. The reason given by the council for the refusal was that they wanted all the bars in 1 area of the town, doesnt matter what the residents of that end of town want. It is a widely expressed assumption that a Wetherspoons anywhere affects other pubs trade. I often wonder what the council would say if Wetherspoons took over a vacant property on The Broadway to open there.

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
Walked out to The Ram at Firle yesterday. Missed the three o clock deadline for food so can't report on that.
The pub is situated very close to the Burning Sky brewery. They had 5 different Ales on, I can report all fabulously
kept. Think they are probably a little expensive for food as they have a captive audience.They also have four rooms for rent
with veiws over downs. Nice.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The Talbot in Cuckfield is closed for some alteration and reopening in Early October under new management Big Brighton Fans !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Plough & Harrow is very nice but not cheap. The George deserves a mention in Alfriston.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
Really? I've always found their food very average, unless it's changed recently. I mean it's not bad, and you get big portions, but the quality's never blown me away.

It's subjective, I know, but I've always found it very good. I don't expect to be blown away by pub grub. As long as it's tasty and filling and doesn't spoil the taste of the beer, it's good in my opinion, (and the beer is lovely).

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It's subjective, I know, but I've always found it very good. I don't expect to be blown away by pub grub. As long as it's tasty and filling and doesn't spoil the taste of the beer, it's good in my opinion, (and the beer is lovely).

It does certainly fulfil your criteria, although they do seem to give quite a lot of salad. Do people really want load of salad?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree about the salad, and I always leave it. All pubs seem to overdo it, and I'm sure they re-use mine!

I worked for a chap who insisted on quite a lot of salad and 1/2 ptn chips on a standard sandwich and when I said about it being wasted his answer was dont worry the cost is incorporated in the price charged so they have paid for it up,to them what they do with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here