Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC on Xenforo

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In what way?

You should be able to simply tap/click "+ Quote" below each post you wish to quote and then, in the reply box click/tap the "Insert quotes..." button.

Right - I'll try and explain what was bothering me. It has correctly quoted The Oldman's post, but when it first showed the post I wanted to quote, it showed the post Tho Oldman was quoting, not his post.

I must admit I don't like the order in which the posts are displayed though - the one to which I am actually replying should be last, so if their is a discussion involved ot will show it in the right order as it develops - can't seem to move them around to re-order them either.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Page numbers not viewable on homepage, only after clicking on thread?
@Bozza any idea? It used to, and the desktop version still does, show the number of pages and the OP date. Is this feature now removed on mobile? As it’s currently set up on my phone it’s now impossible to see when the thread was started and how many pages in it is.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
@Bozza any idea? It used to, and the desktop version still does, show the number of pages and the OP date. Is this feature now removed on mobile? As it’s currently set up on my phone it’s now impossible to see when the thread was started and how many pages in it is.
Page numbers etc appear if you hold the mobile in landscape orientation, well they do on the iPhone anyway.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Bear Pit wasn't easy to avoid with the Tapatalk Unread view.

I'm absolutely delighted I can now not even see it if I just view the new look main board.

Massive, massive WIN for me.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Great work Bozza and anyone else involved. Extremely usable on mobile and desktop, although you may want to load in a different logo on mobile as it ends up very small. Apologies if that's been mentioned before. That's the only thing I've seen that's even close to an issue

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
6241B1C1-37D1-44F6-88A2-F6CA2719C8DD.png

Test

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
It's already there....

When you click/tap a thread title, it will take you to the first unread post in that thread.

If there are no unread posts in that thread, then it will take you to the first post in the thread.
Maybe it should always default to the last post. Some threads are 1000s posts long.

Sorry should say that as a previous Tapatalk user, aside from a few queries, this is working very well on my phone

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
So good that I registered. It’s working very well on iPhone. My one bit of constructive criticism would be that it could use a dark mode, prolonged reading is searing my already screen-damaged eyeballs slightly, and turning the brightness down is then causing my other apps (already in dark mode) to look too dark.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Again fantastic job @Bozza

A free add-on I would suggest is the 'Similar Threads' one if it is available. This will show a list of similar threads when someone is creating a new thread so will not create a duplicate one and save ya'll having to merge threads and also when you view a thread, a list of similar threads will pop up so you can go to those as well if you so choose.

Your baby of course, but just wanted to make a suggestion.(y)

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
So good that I registered. It’s working very well on iPhone. My one bit of constructive criticism would be that it could use a dark mode, prolonged reading is searing my already screen-damaged eyeballs slightly, and turning the brightness down is then causing my other apps (already in dark mode) to look too dark.
**** me. One post, one moan. Well done.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think I've fund a glitch - Sorry!

Alerts: I'm only interested in getting alerts when somebody replies to me, quotes me or likes something I've posted, not all the others. I've gone into 'preferences' and unticked the boxes except those three options, but I still get alerts every time somebody posts on a thhread I have been looking at.

Fixable?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think I've fund a glitch - Sorry!

Alerts: I'm only interested in getting alerts when somebody replies to me, quotes me or likes something I've posted, not all the others. I've gone into 'preferences' and unticked the boxes except those three options, but I still get alerts every time somebody posts on a thhread I have been looking at.

Fixable?
Have you unwatched the threads?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Yes, I think so (following your link). When I go to alerts though, I'm still seeing "X replied to the thread xxx. There may be more posts after this."
Are you seeing new ones since you made the changes, or old ones from before? The old ones will stay, but you shouldn't get any new ones. Unticking all those boxes was one of the first things I did last night and I'm only receiving the alerts I want (very similar to what you want).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bozza, what's the current footfall/traffic compared to say the last two Thursdays?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here