Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Test :moo:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks for all the work on this. If you can set posts on a page globally, could it be higher than 20 (the 40 previously was good) as I would rather see more on a page than less.

Also, can we remove avatars and things to make each message smaller like before - to save scrolling past blank space?

Cheers
You can turn off viewing signatures here: https://www.northstandchat.com/account/preferences

Avatars can't be natively - I'll see what can be done with plugins.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Wow. First impression is that it's much better. Using the previous version on my mobile and tablet could be a chore with lagging, sometimes pressing a thread link and ending up on a totally different thread. This version looks better and is a faster and smoother experience. Cheers Bozza.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Also, @Bozza (And I may have missed this) I know this software probably more expensive so anyway I can donate to help with costs if needed? This has become like a second home to me already so have no problem in doing so at any time:)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Third post!
Please don't everyone do this - it will ruin this thread.

The mods are approving new posts near-instantly so your post won't be "hidden" for long and I'll keep hunting for how to remove this.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I've answered this about five times on this thread already. This is the last time I'll do so..

1. I't not intentional.
2. It should only be for the first five posts for new users
3. Xenforo is seeing everyone as a "new user"
4. I'm trying to find a way of turning it off.
Thanks for the reply why not post a most asked questions page

another observation is spell check on this new platform is a bit temperamental with regards to uploading correctly for example it might be only the first two or three letters

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Sorry Bozza. The site does seem faster. I don't mean the response time from moderators, I mean in general.
It gets a thumbs up(so far)

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I'm not a great one for change and I hate to be a party pooper but this is going to take some getting used to. In a few days I hope I feel differently but right now it all feels a bit soulless. Perhaps too much white?

Old NSC 9, New NSC 7 (out of ten). :(

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Blimey. This is all a bit swanky!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How does one switch the view so there are more posts per page than the default?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not a real issue but on the Whats the Best Song You Heard Today it seems to have taken away the Visual Component of the YouTube track and just left a link?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What’s a reaction score? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here