Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC on Xenforo

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Sorry if this has been covered already but 2 questions:

Do YouTube links automatically embed on Xenforo? I noticed a YouTube link on another thread but the vid wasn't embedded.

Do we have to embed Twitter links in the same way as before or is there a shortcut/different method?

Cheers

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Am liking this new version, and really appreciate your hard work and commitment in managing and updating NSC (y)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry if this has been covered already but 2 questions:

Do YouTube links automatically embed on Xenforo? I noticed a YouTube link on another thread but the vid wasn't embedded.

Do we have to embed Twitter links in the same way as before or is there a shortcut/different method?

Cheers

Testing 1 (full YT URL)

Testing 2 (full tweet URL)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Test tweet... select Media then add the url. tags are bit different.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Post issues, questions and anything related to the new platform, and we can all learn together.
Moderator approval required for all posts before being posted on NSC! that’s going to dramatically reduce the flow too and forth of conversation

Bozza is this an absolute necessity, any chance that function could be switched off?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What's New & New Posts is a bit swamped by a noisey news bot

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Moderator approval required for all posts before being posted on NSC! that’s going to dramatically reduce the flow too and forth of conversation

Bozza is this an absolute necessity, any chance that function could be switched off?
I've answered this about five times on this thread already. This is the last time I'll do so..

1. I't not intentional.
2. It should only be for the first five posts for new users
3. Xenforo is seeing everyone as a "new user"
4. I'm trying to find a way of turning it off.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not yet - I can set it globally for all.

There is a plug-in for this, but it needs to be purchased. I'll consider it. This migration has cost a fortune!

Here now - see my post above.
Thanks for all the work on this. If you can set posts on a page globally, could it be higher than 20 (the 40 previously was good) as I would rather see more on a page than less.

Also, can we remove avatars and things to make each message smaller like before - to save scrolling past blank space?

Cheers

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I've answered this about five times on this thread already. This is the last time I'll do so..

1. I't not intentional.
2. It should only be for the first five posts for new users
3. Xenforo is seeing everyone as a "new user"
4. I'm trying to find a way of turning it off.
Refresh the page and it goes.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Another forum I use has been like this for a couple of years and it’s so much better, especially embedding media, tweets etc.

So glad it’s finally done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here