Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC on Xenforo

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Still perplexed how you change the tagline under your avatar to something bespoke. Quite a few on here seem to have done it - and i'm assuming its not a hangover from the before times - so any clues. Ie: i'm currently a "well known member" - which is nice. but i'd like to change it. How ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ok so this is my view on the mobile in 'portrait':

View attachment 152786

And this is turning to landscape:

View attachment 152787

So what do I need to do to get them both the same? This is using MS Edge on iPhone should that matter.
You asked if you needed to turn your sideways to use NSC on a mobile.

You don't.

You see more peripheral information if you do, but to open threads, read threads, post on threads etc etc you don't need to turn your phone sideways.

You won't have that same view with the phone in portrait mode. As most of those who used old NSC in a browser on a phone would confirm - it was a muddled mess - there was simply too many things in too small a space.

This is going to get dull so I'll try and be concise...

Google essentially own the internet. If you choose to fight them you will lose.

For the most part what Google wants, and requests of sites, is good for all of us - they want sites to be secure, fast and usable across all devices.

In order to be considered to be usable on phones, sites should not require the user to zoom in and out. Links and buttons on pages should be sufficiently spaced to allow users to hit the right bit first time all of the time.

So, sites of all kinds have to make pragmatic decisions as to what gets rendered on mobile screens and what doesn't. Xenforo allows you do everything on the site with a phone in a portrait orientation. If you rotate the phone to landscape, giving the page more width to work with, Xenforo will make use of that space by revealing more information such as thread page numbers.

But, again, to open threads, read them, reply to them etc - it doesn't matter what device you are on, nor what way you are holding that device.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just missing the skip to last post option…and a dark mode (y)
"Skip to last post" is achieved by tapping/clicking on the time the last post was made, eg "1 minute ago" on the forum listing.

A dark mode will come along at some point. When I'm not posting on here, I'm spending my time going through the plethora of themes available to select one I think will be best.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still perplexed how you change the tagline under your avatar to something bespoke. Quite a few on here seem to have done it - and i'm assuming its not a hangover from the before times - so any clues. Ie: i'm currently a "well known member" - which is nice. but i'd like to change it. How ?
It's probably "me not you" and I haven't activated it properly - the permissioning model on here is considerable and I've not got my head fully around it yet.

Those with non-standard titles will have been migrated over from the old platform.

I'll take a quick look now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You do realise there are other interpretations that aren't 'so nice' :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Amazingly it might not be me.

If you click on your username and then select "Account Details", which will take you here - https://www.northstandchat.com/account/account-details it should be there. It's called "Custom Title".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The Liz Truss thread is nowhere to be found on the list of threads for me. I can only access it via the Big Board page and clicking on the thread if it was the last thread posted in.

I’m using Safari on iPhone.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Liz Truss thread is nowhere to be found on the list of threads for me. I can only access it via the Big Board page and clicking on the thread if it was the last thread posted in.

I’m using Safari on iPhone.
What do you mean by "list of threads"?

(I only go via the BB to open threads)

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Could the threads be set up to open in one long page rather than page 1 page 2 etc? Would be much less fiddly if it was just one long thread to scroll up and down?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So .. to see it on my phone, do I find xenforo on google play and download it and find NSC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here