Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC now running under HTTPS

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Welcome to my life for the last 10 years and the next few until they get rid of me and I can retire and move to Malaga

I have done the one, albeit may do some part-time work but not Malaga for me thanks

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Still working a treat on Ceefax :rave:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave, you would miss us !

Ha ha...

My mrs is really good at flamenco so I am hoping to get her earnings to fund my golf subscriptions to courses around the area...lol,

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Probably absolutely nothing to do with this but, in the last week when I tap on a thread it doesn’t open, I come out try again and sometimes it takes 4 or 5 times to open a thread. Only happens on NSC no other site.

Same here. Only started this week. Had to keep refreshing to be able to open thread.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Does that mean we've got permission to pen test it now?

I once did a project that involved this type of activity and Richard Branson’s company. We came in on Monday to absolutely no results.

There were several phone calls and some allegations of sciving before it was realised that the company server had binned off the test results. They were emailed with the subject line “Virgin Penetration Test”....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
And we're back on tapatalk.... [emoji7]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
for 90 days out of each 180 as a non-EU citizen

Yep. We need to come home to feed the cat and play competitions at Brighton and Hove GC. I have my priorities all set out ...he he .

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
This is a great thread for those 'in the know', but really, what's it all about?

Extra level of security. The 'S' at the end means 'Secure' and uses 'SSL' (Secure Socket Layer) to transfer data. It's 'belt and braces' from Bozza, and he's probably had to pay a few hundred quid for an SSL Certificate.

What does it mean? It keeps filthy little hackers out who want to steal any information really. I've never seen the site go down, so I assume the firewalls (which stop scummy little idiots crashing the site) are good, too.

Running a site this size isn't easy, or cheap. There's a lot goes on behind the scenes which if done well are never even noticed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here