Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] NSC loading slowly for me today - anyone else?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Same issues occurring for me right now - very slow to load, timing out, the occasional database error.

It's been OK for me, but shocking today, slower than the twentieth century making its way to Haywards Heath, plenty of database errors, plus those annoying 'Leave this page'/'Stay on this page' options when you try and post - click stay and nothing happens, you just stay where you are, click leave and you lose the whole post you've just typed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just to update on this, NSC has been subject to a DDoS attack for a little while which was causing this issue.

I've spent some money on a solution that should protect the site when this happens.

The number of guest users is now way down to normal levels again, and the site seems nice and fast, for me at least.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So how much was the ransom demanded?

Bitcoin or cash?

Currently Active Users
There are currently 1055 users online. 164 members and 891 guests

Most users ever online was 46,941, 30-07-2018 at 15:58.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The culprit at rest:

028fd4cf3ef61ad6380edd89a8e0666f.jpg

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Just to update on this, NSC has been subject to a DDoS attack for a little while which was causing this issue.

I've spent some money on a solution that should protect the site when this happens.

The number of guest users is now way down to normal levels again, and the site seems nice and fast, for me at least.

So this change you’ve done, would that stop connecting at work? As using the WiFi in the office it says it can’t reach the site, so checking 4G and this is fine?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I couldn't connect on my work Win10 laptop earlier, but my personal Android phone was OK. Laptop now back on (after I cleared cookies / cache / etc., albeit I don't think that was the problem as it wasn't an immediate fix). Both Chrome.

(it stopped working literally after I posted above on this thread!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So this change you’ve done, would that stop connecting at work? As using the WiFi in the office it says it can’t reach the site, so checking 4G and this is fine?

I couldn't connect on my work Win10 laptop earlier, but my personal Android phone was OK. Laptop now back on (after I cleared cookies / cache / etc., albeit I don't think that was the problem as it wasn't an immediate fix). Both Chrome.

(it stopped working literally after I posted above on this thread!)

Took me ages to get on after suggesting I clear my cookies. Allegedly NSC redirects me too often and it's an issue!

Just temporary as the change beds in.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Can't get in on Chrome ('too many redirects') or IE ('page can't be displayed'), can get in via Tapatalk on phone, cannot try other browsers as at work.

Edit: chrome works after clearing cache.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here