Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] NSC in the 1970's.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Filmed at the Camden Electric Ballroom, March 10 1979, for a South Bank Show special on Rough Trade records (I asked the cameraman at the back what they were doing there...). I'm one of the blurred heads somewhere top middle at around 25 seconds in. :thumbsup:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
First album I bought was Masters of Reality by Black Sabbath, in about 1971.
I got it from the Virgin record shop by the clock tower on west street, quite an eye opener then for a 12 year old.

What ever happened to Virgin?

They lost it ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My comment was tongue in cheek but there's no denying his music was big back then and he had some big come-back tours shortly before all the scandal broke.

In a way it's a shame that he was such a perv that the good memories of his music around those times is now 'lost' to us.

I saw Killing Joke in London a few years ago, and before they came on, they played R&R part 2 (Instrumental). The whole audience got it. Gadd was a nasty piece of work, but the music of GG, amazing . . .well . . . er, some of it anyway ('my gang' :ffsparr:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Filmed at the Camden Electric Ballroom, March 10 1979, for a South Bank Show special on Rough Trade records (I asked the cameraman at the back what they were doing there...). I'm one of the blurred heads somewhere top middle at around 25 seconds in. :thumbsup:

I was there :rave:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I saw Killing Joke in London a few years ago, and before they came on, they played R&R part 2 (Instrumental). The whole audience got it. Gadd was a nasty piece of work, but the music of GG, amazing . . .well . . . er, some of it anyway ('my gang' :ffsparr:)

I have a friend who's brother was his manager when he was Paul Raven

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here