Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC General Election Exit Poll

NSC General Election Exit Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
LIB/CON coalition won't be large enough for a majority because the LIBs will get an absolute spanking for their tuition fees reversal this time and not be able to offer the 26 seats that CON need for a majority (they'll have 300). CON will flirt with a threeway CON/LIB/UKIP alliance but only briefly because the LIB and UKIP will refuse to work together and without both the CONs are sunk.

CONs will consider a minority government for a few days but the clamour from the press will be such that they give in and allow a LAB/SNP/PC coalition to be formed - the price of which will be another pointless referendum on Scotland, a promised referendum on Wales that will never materialise and no referendum on EU. The infighting will be horrific and in the end it will end up a dead duck LAB minority government that won't be able to do anything but will refuse to call another election leaving us virtually ungoverned for a little over 4 years when finally an early election will have to be called (late Nov 2019) in the hope that they can ride a pre-christmas wave of goodwill but won't and CON will win with a 2 seat majority next time.

Look if you keep telling everyone you'll disrupt the space time continuum, then we're all f*cked!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Labour minority.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What really irks me is that this situation is playing right into Boris Johnson's fat, greasy hands...

I'll be shocked if he becomes leader. Theresa May surely?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
LIB/CON coalition won't be large enough for a majority because the LIBs will get an absolute spanking for their tuition fees reversal this time and not be able to offer the 26 seats that CON need for a majority (they'll have 300). CON will flirt with a threeway CON/LIB/UKIP alliance but only briefly because the LIB and UKIP will refuse to work together and without both the CONs are sunk.

CONs will consider a minority government for a few days but the clamour from the press will be such that they give in and allow a LAB/SNP/PC coalition to be formed - the price of which will be another pointless referendum on Scotland, a promised referendum on Wales that will never materialise and no referendum on EU. The infighting will be horrific and in the end it will end up a dead duck LAB minority government that won't be able to do anything but will refuse to call another election leaving us virtually ungoverned for a little over 4 years when finally an early election will have to be called (late Nov 2019) in the hope that they can ride a pre-christmas wave of goodwill but won't and CON will win with a 2 seat majority next time.

If Labour form a government with SNP support then surely the whole election is void as they have gone on record saying no way will they do a deal with them?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Labour coalition pact with LibDem , Plaid , Green and SDLP with SNP supporting the Queen's speech.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Labour form a government with SNP support then surely the whole election is void as they have gone on record saying no way will they do a deal with them?

As they say on Game of Thrones "words are wind"

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, the poll shows that all of NSC is clueless.

Which, given indicators, is actually the correct position as things stand.

#ClosestElectionInYears

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Jeeeezus ! Please don't tell us you believe anything politicians promise! And if any elections had been voided through idle promises we'd never have a government..... they will say anything to get power, all of them. Some worse than others,true.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think we'll see the Tories as largest party but a Labour minority government.

The SNP won't let the Tories government as a minority, which means in order for the Tories to govern
a) the Lib Dems will need enough votes to get the over the line to form a majority
b) the Lib Dems choose to work with the Tories over Labour.

If ConDem can't form a majority themselves, then Labour will get their say. They too have the chance of forming a government with the LibDems, but in reality we would need to see a working LabDem majority for that to happen. And here is why Labour have the edge - the SNP might well prop up a Labour minority government on a confidence and supply arrangement, and this is my prediction. I suppose they could insist on a LabDem minority government but that assumes the LibDems have policies that the SNP approve of that Labour don't.

Completely agree, the Lib Dems have been hammered in the polls as a result of the coalition and won't side with the Tories even if they can form a majority. Labour and the SNP have a lot of common ground, and the Lib Dems will want to try and rebuild their reputation. Cameron will sit back and hope it all goes pear shaped.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Jeeeezus ! Please don't tell us you believe anything politicians promise! And if any elections had been voided through idle promises we'd never have a government..... they will say anything to get power, all of them. Some worse than others,true.

Agreed but surely this was categorically NO WAY.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

In my eyes, a minority Labour government, propped up by the SNP who 92% of the UK electorate are not eligible to vote either for of against - and led by somebody not elected to Parliament - has no legitimacy and cannot ever have any legitimacy.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Agreed but surely this was categorically NO WAY.

Well I personally have never believed Miliband will let David Cameron stay in number 10, if by courting the SNP he will bring the Labour Party to power. He's surely not that dumb.
His somewhat idle promise is surely being done in an effort to placate Labour voters on both sides of the border pre election. Expect that to change very soon.
Probability is the Labour Party will dump EM if he doesn't form a government, and his replacement will do the deal.
Anyway I'm looking forward to an exciting night. Only wish Jess Pinkman would give me something to keep me awake throughout. :mad:

D

Deleted member 2719

why thankyou humpty dumpty

I got it spot on Tory Majority!

you enjoy the VE Day celebrations in Berlin today now :lol:

Me too.:thumbsup:

It was clearly the obvious choice.......well I thought so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here