You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m going to do my first Park Run on Saturday morning. In the last 2 weeks I’ve learnt that I can’t rely on myself to try and create some kind of fitness regime, however I know that if I have to be somewhere and by a certain time I’ll do it, so Park Run seems a good start. I’ve been continuing with MyFitnessPal for logging all of my meals and I’ve already dropped a couple of lbs.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I’m going to do my first Park Run on Saturday morning. In the last 2 weeks I’ve learnt that I can’t rely on myself to try and create some kind of fitness regime, however I know that if I have to be somewhere and by a certain time I’ll do it, so Park Run seems a good start. I’ve been continuing with MyFitnessPal for logging all of my meals and I’ve already dropped a couple of lbs.

Check out the NSC Running thread. Great support and tips available for runners of all abilities and ages.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Joe Wicks / The Body Coach has started putting out another of his "7 Days of Sweat" set of videos.

As I mentioned before, I find these really good workouts - short and sweet and you WILL work up a sweat.

I'm going to start with Day 1 today. Anyone else in?

Day 1 here - stick it on your TV if it has YouTube capabilities in any way, or use an iPad or similar if not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXmdXilQaqA&list=PLyCLoPd4VxBsbpNdYQH1K5nFhaPYyhFDz&index=2&t=0s

In amongst other various steps and miles related challenges, I'll give these a go starting Monday next week.

Cheers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Top work. Keep it up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
UPDATE:

Jan
Week 1 - 16st 9lbs
Week 2 - 16st 11lbs
Week 3 - 16st 7lbs
Week 4 - 16st 8lbs

Feb
Week 5 - 16st 8lbs - started to really focus on macros from here - adjusting diet to take on more protein and less carbs...
Week 6 - 16st 4lbs
Week 7 - 16st 2lbs
Week 8 - 16st

Mar
Week 9 - 15st 12lbs
And already looking like Week 10 will be decent.

End goal - 12st 8lbs (and a healthy BMI) by end 2020.

Expecting some updates from a few in here hopefully...

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
UPDATE:

Jan
Week 1 - 16st 9lbs
Week 2 - 16st 11lbs
Week 3 - 16st 7lbs
Week 4 - 16st 8lbs

Feb
Week 5 - 16st 8lbs - started to really focus on macros from here - adjusting diet to take on more protein and less carbs...
Week 6 - 16st 4lbs
Week 7 - 16st 2lbs
Week 8 - 16st

Mar
Week 9 - 15st 12lbs
And already looking like Week 10 will be decent.

End goal - 12st 8lbs (and a healthy BMI) by end 2020.

Expecting some updates from a few in here hopefully...

Good stuff :clap2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I also want to say from personal experience - for anyone in this thread who really struggles with cravings for junk/fast food etc - you REALLY can retrain your brain. I’ve definitely had phases where I was addicted to unhealthy food. I do still get the occasional temptation but my desire to eat bad food is SO much lower now that it isn’t part of my habit and hasn’t been for a couple of months.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I also want to say from personal experience - for anyone in this thread who really struggles with cravings for junk/fast food etc - you REALLY can retrain your brain. I’ve definitely had phases where I was addicted to unhealthy food. I do still get the occasional temptation but my desire to eat bad food is SO much lower now that it isn’t part of my habit and hasn’t been for a couple of months.

Well done, you’re doing brilliantly.

Have you gone for a complete ban over the entire period of; chocolate, biscuits, puddings, take aways/home deliveries, pastries and other fatty savoury foods?

Personally, I find a small treat most days stops cravings. Whist the 800 diet, for example, is pretty strict on following the regime, day in day out.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well done, you’re doing brilliantly.

Have you gone for a complete ban over the entire period of; chocolate, biscuits, puddings, take aways/home deliveries, pastries and other fatty savoury foods?

Personally, I find a small treat most days stops cravings. Whist the 800 diet, for example, is pretty strict on following the regime, day in day out.

No I haven’t “banned” anything specific. I have tried bans before and ending up miserable/binging. I’ve just slowly limited down and down and recently found myself - for the first time in years - not really fancying greasy/high-calorie food. It’s a very liberating feeling.

I’m allowed 2,000 calories a day however I aim for a 300-500 calorie deficit every day via either eating less or exercise or a combo. As I lose more weight, this will become more like 1600-1800 calories. Lots of gradual tweaks seems to be the way to go for me.

For example, I was edging toward 16/8 fasting, and have now got to a point where I can do it every day without finding it too tricky. Start eating at 12 noon and end by 8pm every day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No I haven’t “banned” anything specific. I have tried bans before and ending up miserable/binging. I’ve just slowly limited down and down and recently found myself - for the first time in years - not really fancying greasy/high-calorie food. It’s a very liberating feeling.

I’m allowed 2,000 calories a day however I aim for a 300-500 calorie deficit every day via either eating less or exercise or a combo. As I lose more weight, this will become more like 1600-1800 calories. Lots of gradual tweaks seems to be the way to go for me.

For example, I was edging toward 16/8 fasting, and have now got to a point where I can do it every day without finding it too tricky. Start eating at 12 noon and end by 8pm every day.

Really interesting, you’ve found your own method, and imho it’s sensible not to completely stop something you love eg chocolate, a glass of wine or a G&T.

I have a sweet tooth post dinner. Something small and singular eg a Penguin or Rocky bar does the trick. Far better than a huge pudding or having ‘lethal’ packets of biscuits in the house.

One exception ... having something big and unhealthy like fish’n’chips or a curry with all the extras can put an entire week’s weight and fat loss back on in one evening!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One exception ... having something big and unhealthy like fish’n’chips or a curry with all the extras can put an entire week’s weight and fat loss back on in one evening!

Those times can be tricky. However, if I know I’ve got a meal like that in the evening, I will eat minimally during the day to save 1,000 or so for that evening. That way I can still enjoy a decent sized portion without feeling too bad.

Also, since I lost 2 stone and have moved into a more protein based diet, I find I’m able to feel fuller on less food, so don’t feel the need to keep going back for one more poppadum. Again it’s weirdly refreshing and very new to me!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Actually I lied about not banning anything. Other than protein shakes, I now take NO calories from drinks. Don’t see it as worthwhile. Water 99% of the time, occasionally a Diet Coke.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Those times can be tricky. However, if I know I’ve got a meal like that in the evening, I will eat minimally during the day to save 1,000 or so for that evening. That way I can still enjoy a decent sized portion without feeling too bad.

Also, since I lost 2 stone and have moved into a more protein based diet, I find I’m able to feel fuller on less food, so don’t feel the need to keep going back for one more poppadum. Again it’s weirdly refreshing and very new to me!

I usually try to eat more protein and far fewer carbs.

Adults not carrying out hard manual labour, simply do not need a significant volume of pasta or bread or potatoes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Walk wherever you can. Can you fit it in the commute? It would be an easy start and with spring coming up it's a good opportunity to build it in.

100% this Λ

There was a comedian who said...why pay all that money to belong to a gym then drive there and back? Why not run to the gym, get your money back then run home again.

It a serious point though, that for a lot of people, regular exercise could easily be built into day to day tasks. If it can mean walking or cycling as your commute, or part of your commute, then even better! You'll be doing everyone else and the planet a favour too.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
First Park Run completed. It was tough going as it’s the first time I’ve properly stretched my legs in about 8 years. 28mins46secs, under the half hour mark so a reasonable start. Legs feel wooden this morning.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
First Park Run completed. It was tough going as it’s the first time I’ve properly stretched my legs in about 8 years. 28mins46secs, under the half hour mark so a reasonable start. Legs feel wooden this morning.

Very respectable start. Shame they’ll probably stop for a few months. Gives you time to build up for your next one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here